Are you a resilient problem solver who isn't afraid to think outside the box and get their hands dirty? If so, StevenDouglas is looking for an experienced Accountant to support our clients’ fast growing organization. This person will own the day to day accounting and finance needs for their operations.
Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy must be a part of your DNA, as well as, exceptional communication and customer service skills. This person must be autonomous and self- motivated while closely collaborating with their executive team.
You would be expected to take ownership of your projects and be able to execute at a high level without pre-defined processes nor explicit direction. They are looking for candidates who hold themselves to a higher standard while raising the bar with their work ethic and collaboration.
- Maintain general ledger and produce accounting info to prepare periodic financial statements and reporting documentation
- Manage regular entries including: accounts receivable & accounts payable, bank reconciliations, journal entries, prepayments and accruals, payroll, intercompany transactions
- Own the accounting processes, develop and implement new accounting procedures such as monthly/quarterly/annual closing, accounts reconciliation, revenue recognition, internal controls and compliance
- Assist in administrative tasks such as local taxes and licenses follow-up
- Assist in tax returns preparation (They will teach this skill)
- Perform other accounting & financial tasks that get thrown onto your plate on short notice by the management team