Summary of Position Requirements:
Responsible for all financial reporting and analysis for the division. Provide coordination for the business planning, financial reporting and cost-controlling efforts for the division.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare internal and external reports, including preparation of annual stand-alone LFS financial statements, special analyses, presentations and information reports, ensuring completeness, accuracy, validity and timeliness of all reporting.
- Coordinate and provide support for the budgeting and forecasting for the division, including the financial programs and modeling tools used.
- Monitor and evaluate financial/accounting policies, procedures and internal controls to minimize risk, ensure the reliability of financial reporting and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Review system processes for each division. Assist in coordinating common system practices and participate in review and enhancement of system processes.
- Provide oversight of balance sheet account reconciliations to safeguard company assets and maximize returns.
- Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide business leaders and identify areas of opportunity.
- Support division management in evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of operations. Provide support for operational initiatives through financial and management information analyses and reports.
- Analyze trends, revenues and costs to provide explanations for variances from business plan.
- Support strategic division initiatives, including acquisition and disposition analysis, due diligence efforts, contract negotiations, and implementation.
- Special projects as identified / assigned.
Education and Experience Requirement:
Bachelor degree with emphasis in accounting and finance
Minimum three to five years’ experience.
JD Edwards accounting system experience is preferable.
A background in real estate development is preferable
Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, cost accounting with the emphasis on job costing, and a background in income tax and real estate law.
Good language skills, both written and oral.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions.
Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Proficiency with various computer hardware, software and accounting systems that are used in the real estate industry.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day in the confined quarters of an office. Also requires the ability to bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items less than 50 pounds. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone messages. Standing is required for filing and copying.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.