$85000.00 to $95000.00 yearly
Robert Half Finance is looking for an experienced, industrious Accounting Manager for an immediate opening at an innovative, on-the-rise Retail company. In this position, you will be responsible for leading daily operations, including maintaining the general ledger system, preparing and/or reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations, preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, assisting with regulatory reporting as applicable, and related duties. Preferably, you should be able to establish and scale company accounting and finance operations. This is a career-building opportunity within a company that recognizes hard work and rewards results as an Accounting Manager. Based in the Houston, Texas area, this Accounting Manager position is a terrific opportunity for full-time employment.
How you will make an impact
- Mange and control general accounting activities
- Contribute to the preparation of GAAP financial statements through data analysis, document preparation, integrity validation, and reconciliation processes
_ Recording accounting transactions, classifications, and reconciliation of account balances in accordance with US GAAP and company policy.
- will review fixed assets, lease accounting, sales audig and othe rG&A expenses
- Collaborate with FP&A and accounting management to develop relevant and timely reports on financial data analytics like the monthly flash report, key financial metrics, and actual spend against budgets/outlook
- Ensure close deadlines are met by encouraging and managing the accounting team performance during the closing process
- Possess a thorough knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems- Use PEOPLESOFT and Hyperion Essbase
- - Assemble various technical accounting policies, procedures, and analyses
Must have excellent communication experience, strong leadership skills, and ability to work in high volume/fast paced environment. Immediate interviews!
Email resume to Cindy for immediate consideration. [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
- Customer service oriented communication skills that allow for pleasant and beneficial interactions with all customers
- Proven technical skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent degree and/or experience
- Recent relevant financial experience
- CPA/MBA preferred
- General familiarity with auditing
- Proven knowledge of US GAAP
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Quality experience with Leadership
- General ledger experience
- Practical knowledge of Multiple Entities
- PeopleSoft experience preferred
- GAAP Accounting experience highly desired
- Well-founded grasp of SOX
- Knowledge of Lease Accounting
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems is valuable
- 5 plus years working in a publically traded company
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
$85,000.00 - $95,000.00 /Year