Hiring AP Manager for Government Contractor located in Herndon, VA. Looking for experience managing and developing AP Specialist, they are looking to build out a team and promote team leads to help manage the AP Process.
- Manage all facets of the accounts payable department.
- Ensure the integrity of accounts payable system files and the accounts payable integration's to the general ledger.
- Define accounts payable detail transaction requirements and monitor invoice payment statistics.
- Perform Purchase Card administration.
- Ensure compliance with and continually improve internal controls.
- Coordinate and schedules accounts payable related events required for semi-weekly payment processing, monthly and annual closings.
- Prepares numerous month-end entries to the general ledger.
- Drive efforts to appropriately train personnel regarding the accounts payable system and company policies and procedures.
- Update and maintain accounting policies and procedures as well as desktop manuals.
- Work directly with internal and external auditors to facilitate audit requirements and insure audit efficiency.
- Identify discrepancies and resolve billing issues
- Drive ongoing process improvement initiatives.
- Oversee the vendor process
- Participate in new system implementation project.
- Estimate staffing needs and assigns tasking as well as provide employment recommendations, performance evaluations and salary reviews.
- Complete special projects and other ad hoc requests.
- 5+ years of AP Management
- 5 years of Costpoint
- 5 years of Excel
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field plus 10 years of Accounts Payable experience and 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience automating processes
- Deltek Costpoint experience
- You have managed the monthly and annual accounts payable close process.
- You have account reconciliation and 1099 reporting experience.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Excel.
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.