Solenis is a leading global manufacturer of specialty chemicals for the pulp, paper, oil and gas, chemical processing, mining, biorefining, power, and municipal markets. The company’s product portfolio includes a broad array of process, functional and water treatment chemistries as well as state-of-the-art monitoring and control systems. These technologies are used by customers to improve operational efficiencies, enhance product quality, protect plant assets, and minimize environmental impact. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, the company operates 30 manufacturing facilities strategically located around the globe and employs a team of 3,500 professionals in 118 countries across five continents. For additional information about Solenis, please visit www.solenis.com |Twitter | LinkedIn.
Solenis is staffed with great minds and powered by ingenuity. When you join the Solenis team, you become part of a global community of 3,500 experts who work together to provide advanced process and water treatment solutions. Our team members take pride in their ability to think dynamically and help solve our customers’ unique challenges. If you’re interested in becoming a part of our elite team, please explore our current career opportunities.
As a Sales Manager, you will be responsible for managing the daily activities at our mill customers in the West Point, VA area. We are looking for a sales professional who ideally has paper mill and paper chemical experience, but more importantly has a keen interest to develop and focus in this area. We can provide on the job training and mentoring through local team and applications. The ability to sell and service the process side, particularly pulp mills, is very important. Specific responsibilities include:
- Review treatment programs and processes within the territory accounts ensuring effective applications through routine testing and monitoring resulting in customer satisfaction and business retention.
- Maintain and build business/customer relationships.
- Conduct the necessary site and LMS/class room training programs to understand the overall operations of the territory plants and new customer sites.
- Sell new business and new applications in your territory. Develop and implement sales plans on new opportunities with the direction of the Area Manager including documenting ROI after the closure of the program. Establish, maintain and prioritize an accurate and current sales funnel in SFDC.
- Manage profitability of the account (pump settings, pricing, accounts receivable).
- Review territory applications and processes/procedures for safety improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of Pulp and Paper industry experience in a technical sales or a mill operations capacity
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Life Sciences
- Packaging experience is preferred (bleach board or other packaging board mfg.)
- Specialty chemical industry experience
- Solid technical aptitude and skills
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel)
- Independent worker
- Problem solver
- Customer focused
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Strong work ethic
- Focus on safety
At Solenis, we understand that our greatest asset is our people. That is why we offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and numerous opportunities for professional growth and development. So, if you are interested in working for a world-class company and enjoy solving complex challenges, whether in the lab or the field, consider joining our team.
Solenis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including Minorities / Women/ Veterans / Disabled. Solenis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Should you require assistance in applying to this opportunity, please reach out to Solenis Talent Acquisition at 1-888-756-2701.