Vice President, Safety & Compliance in Elk Grove Village, IL
The Vice President, Safety & Compliance is responsible for developing, implementing, and/or managing safety programs, claims management, and compliance with government regulatory agencies and corporate operating procedures. Reports directly to the Regional President of the Midwest region.
Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation’s leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. Visit us at Airgas.com!
Your key responsibilities are:
- Champions and promotes a strong safety and compliance culture implementing programs to ensure associate safety and company regulatory compliance.
- Designs, directs, and conducts training and audits on Airgas Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) including the Safety Manual, Medical Gas Manual, Transportation Manual, Food Gas Manual, Board of Pharmacy Manual, Industrial Gas Manual, Crisis Management Manual, Bulletins Manual, PSM/RMP Manuals and other Airgas Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as they are disseminated.
- Represents Airgas on regional regulatory issues and audits/inspections by government entities.
- Provides leadership and guidance on Airgas’s Incident Review Committee.
- Provides analysis of significant risk data to management by evaluating the effectiveness of initiatives through safety assessments and compiling and interpreting data to identify gaps. Develops and implements action plans as necessary to mitigate risks.
- Work with the Training department to develop innovative, impactful and meaningful safety training programs
- Conducts accident investigations and partners with insurance carriers to manage claims.
- Partners with Senior Management on all potential acquisitions from the perspective of Safety & Compliance issues prior to the acquisition, all the way through integration.
- Work closely with Human Resources on all EHS and Risk Management issues.
- Initiates activities designed to empower location managers and employees to lead safety efforts within the organization.
- Participates in a leadership capacity on the AERO (the Airgas Emergency Response Operations) Team.
- Leads offsite customer safety training.
- Leads team of at least four Safety & Compliance Professionals within the Midwest Region
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.