Vice President – Payment Product Operations
PenFed is hiring a Vice President – Payment Product Operations in Mclean, VA.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Lead all Payment Product operational roadmap development and innovation planning critical to modernizing the current platforms, capabilities and controls.
- Key senior leadership role responsible for developing and leading the efforts of management staff and their respective teams across a broad spectrum of payment products.
- Responsible for managing all daily product operations, activities and resources.
- Oversee the end to end operations and production activities associated with Credit and Debit Card processing to include platform configuration, network architecture, execution and economics while maintaining a best in class member experience.
- Oversee the end to end operations and production activities of EFT (Wires, ACH) and ATM processing to include platform configuration, network architecture, execution and economics while maintaining a best in class member experience.
- Provide the appropriate technical guidance to staff and partners, establishing priorities, providing direct input and oversight for complex problems, assigning job duties and ensuring that section goals and standards are met daily.
- Lead all applicable strategic Credit, Debit, EFT, ATM initiatives as the primary point of contact and subject matter expert.
- Lead all aspects and product parameters from payment processors, issuer network partners such as Visa, AMEX, MasterCard, NACHA, etc.
- Oversee all loyalty rewards product operations whether partner hosted or internal.
- Lead real-time and ongoing defect escalation and resolution.
- Direct oversight and responsibility for strategic platform optimization, operations planning, budget and performance.
- Be a direct resource for staff, technology to ensure service and business standards are met and exceeded.
- Spearhead the interests of the Payments Organization in key projects and PenFed initiatives.
- Lead all applicable M&A activities that require Payment Product conversion, having direct or indirect impact.
- Responsible for all product operational controls including but not limited to; establishing or revising policy, enforcing and implementing compliance directives, reviewing system enhancement certification, self-identified audit issues and acting as the direct contact for audit and industry regulators.
- Directly manage associated vendors in their entirety; including but not limited to contracts, pricing, escalation, issue resolution and renewal negotiations.
- Effectively communicate regular business performance, vendor status and strategic initiative updates to executives.
- Remain current on all changes to regulations and applied systems, ensuring the timely implementation of all requirements.
- Act as liaison with outside companies for the most complex problems and inquiries.
- Ensure that appropriate regulatory and audit best standards and demands are developed, maintained to achieve 100% satisfactory ratings.
- Remain knowledgeable and active in industry innovation, relations, best practices, competitive intelligence and overall ecosystem advances.
- Develop, recommend and implement goals, standards, policies and procedures for all staff.
- Perform personnel-related duties such as staffing, performance evaluations, training, counseling and disciplinary actions.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Direct in-depth technical leadership and experience with partner hosted Credit Card, Debit Card, EFT and ATM payment processing solutions with leading industry processing platforms.
- Detailed expertise of production platform(s) build and management of technical specifications and requirements.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years’ of experience with Credit Card, Debit Card, Electronic Funds Transfer and ATM processing and operations is required.
- Minimum of ten (10) year in a senior leadership role is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required.
- Master’s Degree in a related field is preferred.
- This position will directly supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- AAP (Accredited ACH Professional) certified is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
Ongoing travel to various worksites and partners locations and events is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to meet the following physical demands:
Bending, Stretching or Reaching
Talking on the phone, person-to-person & in group
Hearing on the phone, person-to-person & in group
Vision for near, mid-range, far, peripheral, depth and color
Use of computer
Use of telephone
Use of office equipment
Pushing/pulling/lifting/ carrying from 5 to 50 lbs.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment.
PenFed will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.