WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Tax Manager, Tax Reporting – Norcross, GA
- Member of the income tax reporting team.
- Responsible for preparing tax provision and providing on-going support for the tax compliance, planning, and audit teams.
- Assist Senior manager in completion of tax accounting special projects.
- Also, provide needed information to the tax planning and controversy groups for a broad range of planning projects.
- Serve on an “as needed” basis as a representative from the tax reporting group at tax department meetings
How you will impact WestRock:
- Prepare and review of global consolidated tax provision including coordinating, gathering and analyzing supporting data from domestic compliance and international team and external resources.
- Participate in the design, implementation, and integration of all accounting for income tax work processes to meet timely and accurate reporting standards of the Company.
- Managing and developing audit ready files to support interim and annual income tax provision. Provide workpapers to internal and external auditors as requested.
- Building relationship and interacting with other finance functions to gather and deliver information to prepare effective tax rate and cash taxes forecast and financial reporting.
- Prepare and review the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting for income taxes under ASC 740.
- Monitor ongoing tax legislation and inform management of the potential impacts to the Company.
- Manage the tracking and reporting of tax positions.
- Identification and implementation of improved controls, procedures, and documentation for requirements under Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Assist in gathering tax information to help support the tax planning and audit teams.
What you need to succeed:
- 5-8 years corporate tax or public accounting firm experience; large, multistate corporate return experience is a strong plus.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or other financial discipline required: CPA or advanced degree a plus.
- Strong aptitude for project management
- Technical research and writing skills
- Ability to mentor and train staff accountants
- Ability to communicate effectively with tax and non-tax professionals.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills for multi-tasking.
- Onesource, JD Edwards, and Hyperion experience preferred.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.