JOB SUMMARY: Manages the security services provided to assigned site(s) including client service and problem resolution, service enhancement and expansion, new business development, operational effectiveness, preparation of post orders, staffing, scheduling, supervision and training.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Performs a variety of management functions at assigned site; may be assigned a rank, as defined by client contract. Does not perform Security Officer duties except on a limited, relief or emergency basis.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Serves as a key point of client contact to ensure the delivery of high quality customer service for assigned client site(s); evaluates service quality and initiates any necessary corrective action in a timely manner.
- Meets regularly with client representatives for status updates; addresses any actual or potential problems; assists line management in negotiation of client contracts; provides support during client start-ups; supports security planning, assessments and surveys; reviews and updates post orders.
- Oversees, coordinates with line management, and participates in the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, development and retention of high caliber staff; acts to ensure that each staff member is treated with dignity and respect; plans, assigns, and directs work; coaches employees and carries out disciplinary actions, as necessary.
- Assists in development and administration of budget in relation to assigned site.
- Maintains a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures; acts to ensure that staff members understand and comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Within scope of client contract and assigned duties, authorizes appropriate expenditures including equipment, supplies, and vehicles; ensures vehicles are properly maintained and administers driver training; acts to ensure that there is an adequate inventory of uniforms, radios, and other supplies and equipment; maintains and submits payroll records and other employee and business information.
- Prepares and coordinates staffing schedules for site, in collaboration with line management as necessary; acts to ensure that scheduling is handled effectively to meet client requirements while controlling labor costs; reviews Security Officer site reports to verify post orders and client directives have been satisfactorily followed; personally inspects all posts as part the evaluation of security staff.
- Provides input to company initiatives; promptly assists in the resolution of legal, financial, human resources, and administrative issues.
- Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned site(s).