Service Manager - Elm Grove-1700002298
To create a positive image of the Bank by overseeing all functions of the Service Representative team to ensure customers are provided with superior customer service that defines a great customer experience.
This position has supervisory responsibility for the Service Representative staff and is accountable for managing referrals of prospects to Personal Bankers and other banking groups to deliver clarity (simplicity, guidance, and know-how) to our customers. The Service Manager is the operations champion and leader of directives and procedures.
Embraces, adopts, and promotes innovative ways of banking with employees and customers.
Service Team Performance
- Provide professional and courteous service in processing a wide variety of day-to-day and special service customer transactions.
- Resolve customer related issues promptly using knowledge of bank services, products and processes.
- Meet or exceed all personal referral goals as defined by referral program or by Bank Manager.
- Oversees daily staffing (including breaks and lunches), to minimize customer wait times and enhance service levels, leveraging the branch scheduler tool.
Superior Customer Service
- Identify customer needs and matches needs with appropriate product or serve, makes referrals to other team members, including across lines of business (i.e. BMO Linkages Referrals), as assigned by Bank Manager.
- Ensure the Service Representative staff possesses the necessary skills to understand and execute customer banking transaction needs, and are proactive in offering suggestions and options.
Product Knowledge and Referral Development
- Identifies customer needs and matches needs with appropriate product or service, utilizing opportunities to suggest or cross-sell other bank products and services.
- Makes qualified referrals to other team members including other lines of business.
- Meets or exceeds all personal referral goals as defined.
- Participates in all training relative to bank products and services.
- Supports bank’s community involvement and participates in community activities as required.
- Stay current on BMO Harris digital banking capabilities and coach team to provide proactive, needs based guidance on BMO Harris' digital banking and self-service technologies
- Identifies risks associated with regulatory compliance, overdraft authority and bank secrecy act.
- Adheres to all bank policies, directives and procedures.
- Completes all branch audits in appropriate time frames; monthly, quarterly, biannually, and annually
- Fosters a team approach ensuring audit requirements are achieved.
- Understands, applies and enforces dual control procedure at all times.
- Conducts ongoing robbery training with staff.
- Disseminates all fraud related alerts and conducts training with staff to reduce fraud losses.
- Understands systems functionality and ensures transactions are input appropriately; responds to system messages to evaluate risk associated with transaction and accountable for granting overrides.
- Ensures all necessary documentation is completed for all transactions.
- Maintains cash supply at each serve representatives’ window, vault and oversee vault security and teller alarm equipment.
- Ensures all security measures are followed.
- Adheres to and manages branch capture process.
Leadership for Staff Performance
- Manage, coaches and develop the Service Representative staff by assigning work, training, answering questions, solving problems, helping with complex transactions and sensitive customer relations problems/complaints.
- Ensure the Service Representative staff possesses the necessary skills to understand and execute customer banking transaction needs, and are proactive in offering suggestion sand option son the different products to other lines of business.
- Provide Human Resource Management for all service representative jobs including PPA’s, Developmental Plan/Training, Goal Setting and Corrective Action.
- Coordinates daily work routines and assigning duties for Service Representative staff.
- Lead the hiring process for the Service Representative Team
- Lead the Service Representative Team meetings, including Daily Huddles.
Knowledge & Skills
- High School education or equivalent
- College or other courses related to retail banking preferred
- 5 years Service Representative or related work experience
- Bank Secrecy Act experience
- Previous Supervisory/Management experience preferred
- Previous sales experience a plus
- Online procedures, deposit/check processing
- Personal Banking products/services, commercial deposit products
- Compliance training
- Must be able to disseminate valuable information in a timely manner and have the ability to decipher and react to urgent requests, when appropriate
- Correspond clearly and concisely in all business writing and verbal communications
- Ability to give direction, set limits, and hold pople accountable for high performance
- Ability to manage difficult conversations with employees and give positive feedback and motivation
Risk and Compliance Management
- A strong knowledge of all applicable regulations, audit standards, and related corporate policies, procedures and directives
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment, decision making and discretion
- Ability to assess risk in order to mitigate loss to the branch and organization
Operational and People Management
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Thorough understanding of all retail and commercial transaction processes and all products/services
- Ability to share knowledge and promote staff learning and development
- Ability to identify skill sets in others and to assign tasks appropriately
- Ability to foster teamwork, recognize and reward achievements inspire trust and motivate others
- Ability to create an environment that promotes customer service internally and externally, and building lasting relationships through exceptional customer service
- Ability to make sound decisions, ensuring that decisions achieve results in a timely manner
- Ability to take responsibility to team performance and development
- Comfortable using, advising on, and engaging team members and customers in digital and other innovative forms of banking.
Openness and Adaptability:
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapid advancements in technology and the changing nature of the banking environment. Open to learning and adopting new technology and/or ways of working.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead others through change
At BMO Harris Bank, we have been helping our customers and communities for over 130 years. Working with us means being part of a team of talented, passionate individuals with a shared focus on working together to deliver great customer experiences. We stand behind your success with the support you need to turn your potential into performance.
To submit your application for this job, please go to:
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.