TEKsystems is currently working with one of the largest and most geographically diverse media companies in the U.S. who are seeking out a Senior iOS developer.
The ProjectThe iOS team needs to keep up with the industry trends and enable their applications able to sync with Apple watches and Apple TV's. They are also focused on adding extensions, such as widgets and enhanced notifications, for ease of use to keep their customers engaged. Their main goal is to continue the rebranding for their current 108 applications and those that will be acquired in the future. In addition, they deal with releases that they must execute on.
Why work with them?- Their iOS team is currently the #1 mobile provider in the company.
- This team has a very strong relationship with Apple - they were even invited to their secret watch lab. They also have a strong relationship with the app store.
- They have 4.5 stars on their applications and a crash rate of under .2%
- They are the largest iOS team in the area.
- They have great on-site facilities including cafeteria, conference center and a convenience store. They also have free parking and high standard equipment.
- They have good benefits and a bonus program for senior developers of 5% (this may change).
The mobile team is responsible for developing and delivering best in-class mobile solutions scalable throughout multiple News sources. All mobile initiatives are extremely high profile and must utilize state of the art technologies. The Sr. iOS Developer will be building native iOS apps using the latest iOS SDK and languages, integrating 3rd party SDKs, and interacting with internal clients to determine requirements and architecture.
- This position is responsible for the development, testing, release, and support of iOS, tvOS, and watchOS apps and extensions.
- Also responsible for maintaining and contributing to a cutting edge approach to the mobile presence.
- The Developer will work closely with the Mobile Product team and other internal units.
- The ideal candidate possesses an innovative but disciplined approach to technology development, and an orientation to successful, on-time, on-budget project implementation.
- Keen attention to detail and quality, complying with the companies high standard of quality.
- Learn and absorb new technologies quickly, be a strong team player, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Passionate about solving problems for users, advertisers and publishers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science preferred
- Minimum 5+ progressively complex years of software development experience that includes 2+ years of iOS
- Strong object-oriented design, programming, and debugging skills
- Demonstrated experience with Xcode and the iOS SDK is a must
- Demonstrated experience with Swift and Objective-C
- Experience with JSON and client & server side development including consumption of web services
- Experience with Git is a must
- Launched at least one app in the Apple App Store is a must
- Strong debugging skills with the ability to reach out and work with peers to solve complex problems
- Prior successful experience in media or related industry is desirable
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.