SNI FInancial is recruiting for a Director of Revenue Recognition for a client in VA. Please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Here are the requirements.
Povide consultation to the sales and contracts teams during sales cycles and prepare final revenue recognition accounting conclusions and supporting documentation on software contracts. This position will be focused primarily on reviewing US software license and services revenue arrangements.
* Serve as a technical reference for the sales and contracts teams during the contract negotiation process by analyzing the impact of problematic contract terms, communicating the revenue impact of such terms, and offering alternative structures and advice for how to minimize the deferral of revenue.
* Review and analyze software contracts and document significant terms and accounting conclusions.
* Research specific revenue recognition topics and summarize conclusions based on the guidance in the accounting literature
* Assist in the support of quarterly revenue reporting activities and external audit requests
* Assist with the development of accounting policies and procedures to comply with the new revenue recognition standard.
* Assist with the implementation of new accounting processes in order to comply with the new Revenue Recognition Standard
* Manage and direct the day to day functions of two staff members
* Preparation and completion of other projects and tasks that may be required from time-to-time