Oportun is a financial technology company founded in 2005. Our mission is to provide affordable loans to US Latinos and others with limited credit history so they can establish credit and build a better future. Oportun uses advanced data analytics and technology to “score” and lend money to individuals with limited credit history – people other lenders consider “unscorable.”
In recognition of Oportun’s goals of increasing economic opportunity for our clients, promoting community development, and serving low-income or underserved communities, Oportun was certified by the United States Department of Treasury as a Community Development Financial Institution or CDFI.
At Oportun, everything we do reflects our corporate values of Service, Care, Innovation, Courage, Excellence, and Empowerment.
Oportun is a great place to work if you are as enthusiastic about helping others as you are about your own professional development and career. As our CEO Raul Vazquez says, “Earning a paycheck to support yourself and your family is critical. Satisfying career ambitions is rewarding. But there is no greater privilege than having a challenging job where you are growing and learning professionally, while having a strong positive impact on the lives of others… And that is what we do here every day.”Responsibilities:
We are building a world-class team of fun, entrepreneurial of risk managers who want to innovate, truly help people, and build a great company. Be part of the team responsible for developing and enhancing Oportun’s overall collections and customer engagement strategy. In this role you will drive improved profitability while enhancing overall customer experience by leveraging advanced data analytics to segment Oportun’s customer base to determine the optimal engagement strategy. This is an exciting opportunity in a fast paced organization where your contributions can have a meaningful impact on driving efficiency and customer satisfaction.
As a Senior Manager of Collections Analytics you are responsible for the strategy for Collections operations. This is a highly visible and instrumental role ensuring Oportun continues to meet & exceed credit loss and servicing cost targets, which are the largest cost component of our P&L, while delivering a good customer experience. You will report to our Director of Collections Analytics and partner with our Sr. Director of Collections to identify and implement strategic changes to our operations.
- Optimizing loan-level NPV while enhancing customer experience by developing effective segmentation and customer engagement strategies
- Managing capacity planning and staffing for a rapidly growing 500+ person Collections team spread across four call centers in two different countries
- Managing commission structure for all Collections functions
- Increasing contact rates and call center efficiency by optimizing dialer performance and calling strategies using predictive behavior scoring
- Developing and implementing new skip tracing tools and Collections tools to improve contact rates and maximize conversion
- Creating monthly credit loss forecast and allowance for monthly forecast that is incorporated into the financial planning process.
- Calculate quarterly Allowance for Loan Loss, prepare presentation and obtain approval from CFO and CEO. Work with external auditors during annual audit
- Recommending system and infrastructure changes to improve data capture and reporting
You will work with your team to identify opportunities, decide what data is needed, gather and structure that data, perform the appropriate analysis, create and present recommendations, work with the business to execute recommendation and finally create the reporting needed to track the results.