**Our client does not currently sponsor or provide relocation.** Chat with me now about this position via FlashRecruit: https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/3218
Let Vaco advocate on your behalf!
**Our client does not currently sponsor or provide relocation.**
Chat with me now
about this position via FlashRecruit: https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/3218
We will provide you with access to market trends, compensation expectations, company culture and growth opportunities that are perfect for you! Find your best fit through Vaco today!
As a Java Developer, your responsibilities may include both development and support. You will design, develop, code, test, build, deploy and debug new software or enhancements to existing software.
Other responsibilities of the Java Developer role include:
- At least 8 years of relevant systems software engineering experience and a BS/MS in computer science or engineering (or equivalent professional experience).
- Experience building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Aggressive Refactoring.
- Experience with service development, REST, HTTP, Groovy, Java, Spring, NoSQL, XML, JSON.
- Experience with TDD, Agile, Paired Programming.
- Knowledge of and working experience with open source software (e.g. Apache, Tomcat, Memcache, etc.).
- Experience in configuring new services using HA Proxy and Apache.
- Experience working with Linux.
- The ability to prioritize effectively, communicate clearly, and consistently deliver results.
- Keen attention to detail and high level of commitment.
Nice to Have Skills:
Nice to Have Skills:
- Any level of experience with NoSQL data stores (Riak, Cassandra, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with RabbitMq, IBM MQ.
- Knowledge of modern Deployment and Configuration Management tools such as Opscode Chef.
- Ability and aptitude to dig into and solve challenging problems and proactively avoid problems.
- Scripting, automation and troubleshooting of processes and systems; scripting in the shell and at least one of the following: Groovy, Ruby, Perl or Python.
- Networks, security, firewalls, load balancers, DNS and other infrastructure components.