Senior Hogan Developer
PenFed is hiring a Mainframe Senior Hogan Developer in Tysons, VA. The primary purpose of this job is to p rovide technical and functional support under minimal supervision for multiple applications within the enterprise utilizing in depth knowledge of major peripheral systems that work in conjunction with the applications. Serve as a sole technician on small to large complex projects, or within a project team on large scale projects, and/or may be the primary technical expert within a mission critical application that has minimal backup resources assigned to support it.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Analyze, design, develop, document and test application programs and system components of a medium to complex nature. Has knowledge of the major peripheral systems that work in conjunction with assigned applications.
- Work multiple projects concurrently and shift priorities as required to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Work with business unit and technical staff to ensure changes are implemented according to specifications.
- Respond to problem tickets, resolve issue, and create resolution documentation.
- Review problems, understanding the major impacts to technical and business-related areas, and provide basic recommendations and solutions that can be implemented to correct the problem.
- Provide technical guidance to staff with less experience and mentors peers on assigned systems.
- Serve as the primary technical expert within a mission critical application, acting as an internal consultant for all tasks in the analysis, design, testing and implementation of assignments.
- Continue to enhance technical knowledge and capabilities to develop a comprehensive understanding of assigned systems.
- Ensure Change Control and operational procedures are followed for all production-related changes.
- Assist with maintaining PenFed’s compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances by abiding by PenFed compliance program and all policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes to policies and procedures within the IT Department.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for assigned tasks and is continuously self-challenged by setting and committing to aggressive interim project deadlines.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills required to interpret client business needs and identify appropriate technical solutions.
- Ability to work under aggressive deadlines.
- Must be willing to travel if absolutely necessary and to provide on-call support on a rotational basis.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field.
- A minimum of 6-8 years experience working with Hogan COBOL Programming, specializing in Customer, Deposits and Loans Applications.
- Technical experience in an IBM Mainframe Environment with an emphasis in MVS, CICS, JCL, TSO/ISPF, Easytrieve, File-Aid, Librarian and Xpeditor.
- This position will mentor employees as needed and requested.
Licenses and Certifications
- There are no additional licenses or certifications required for this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
Local travel to various worksites is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to meet the following physical demands:
Bending, Stretching or Reaching
Talking on the phone, person-to-person & in group
Hearing on the phone, person-to-person & in group
Vision for near, mid-range, far, peripheral, depth and color
Use of computer
Use of telephone
Use of office equipment
Pushing/pulling/lifting/ carrying from 5 to 50 lbs.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment.
PenFed will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.