***This position can be based in one of our corporate offices in Mclean, VA, Memphis, TN or Dallas, TX***
The Senior Director of Technology Operations will be responsible for the operational oversight of Hilton's core infrastructure and coordination of all Change, Problem, and Incident management programs. As a key technical leader, the Executive will develop and run the core service layer managing runtime operations to support our Network, Systems, and Security Engineering teams.
What will I be doing?
The Senior Director of Technology Operations will be a critical leader and will provide leadership over the operational processes and functions of the Technology Operations team so the Hilton Information Technology team can meet its customer expectations for service delivery and ITIL program management across our global technology estate. The Executive will build a high-energy, skilled, professional and responsive staff to succeed in delivering operational performance of Hilton's technology platforms.
Other key priorities are listed below:
- Develop and implement the overall operational governance and oversight of Hilton's outsourced service providers including SLA management and continuous process and performance improvement plans
- Responsible for all aspects of building and managing Technology Operations functions
- Lead and oversee the planning and implementation of ITIL standards and certifications
- Implement and manage an incident response and problem management process to address immediate issues and long term operational problems
- Implement and manage a robust, comprehensive change management function
- Coordinate with Application Development, Enterprise Architecture, Digital, and Infrastructure teams to ensure that all new applications and services are adequately documented, integrated with ITIL processes, and fully supported by L1 and L2 support teams
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to monitor SaaS applications and establish robust support and escalation procedures to ensure SaaS provider issues are resolved in an expeditious manner
- Develop and implement service management, monitoring, reporting, and ITIL processes for Hilton's Hybrid Cloud environment
- Direct all elements of Hilton's Disaster Recovery program and serve as overall lead for Hilton Technology for the Business Continuity Management program
- Coordinate outage post-mortems and root cause analyses and ensure that lessons learned are applied by all vendor and Hilton teams to improve overall system stability and drive operational performance improvements
- Ensure that Technology Operations processes meet business requirements and system goals
- Ensure that new and/or enhanced processes are fully integrated with standard operating procedures
- Manage outages and customer escalations
- Serve as primary operations escalation point of contact and coordinate response with the members of the CTO Leadership team
- Interact with key business leaders to address issues and concerns with ongoing runtime operations
- Manage planned outage communications
- Develop and provide routine status reports on overall system status and performance
- Conduct meetings with customers and partners to review support procedures and current issues
- Ensure that all operational and support procedures, runbooks and documentation are maintained in a current, accurate and useable state
- Communicate with all vendors to ensure service delivery capabilities are maintained at all times and implement remediation plans to correct identified gaps
- Develop and implement a robust set of operational metrics to track service management and overall system performance
- Manage and drive outage and issue communications and escalations with hotels, IT leadership, and key business leaders
- Conceive, plan, implement and managed initiatives from project approval to deployment
- Lead internal and external partners in strategy and project initiation, architecture, and requirements analysis
- Set the direction for the Technology Operations team, develop key technical talent, set budgets, and delegate effectively
- Provide direction to managers, supervisors, and professional staff
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Science
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of Infrastructure Operations experience
- A minimum of five (5) years of direct oversight of outsourced vendors
- A minimum of five (5) years of focused experience in managing global ITIL support functions
- A minimum of five (5) years of project management or governance experience
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience at the Senior Director level
- Ability to travel as required (20%)
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Science
- ITIL Certifications
- PMP Certification
- Knowledge of hotel-based IT systems and applications
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!