This individual will lead the Sleep project management group and manage the project managers supporting Sleep drug development teams. The incumbent will provide guidance to the Sleep project managers to ensure consistent and effective project management leadership of global drug development project teams and subteams. The incumbent will be part of the Project Management Leadership team and contribute to the long term strategy and development of the department. The incumbent will provide Project Management Leadership to the Sleep Franchise teams and/or other strategic cross-functional teams to ensure development and consistent execution of the TA strategy.
- Lead team of project managers supporting the Sleep TA portfolio of projects.
- Provide project management leadership to global, cross-functional drug development strategy teams, including Franchise teams
- Ensure consistent quality and performance of project managers supporting the Sleep drug development teams.
- Ensure alignment of all development core teams with TA strategies.
- Recruit, manage, motivate, and mentor junior project managers in Sleep TA.
- Disseminate and apply best practices to the Sleep TA project teams.
- Identify project risks and prepare mitigations and contingency plans
- Facilitate resolution of resource issues between functions and project teams
- Prepare project updates for governance meetings and clearly communicate status in written documents and presentations
- Contribute to the long term strategy and development of the department.
- Participate in implementing improvements to project management processes, tools and infrastructure to ensure ongoing efficiency across the R&D organization and company wide
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Approximately 15 years of experience independently managing or leading cross-functional project teams in a drug development company, including 3-5 years leading a team of project managers.
- Proven track record of successfully developing staff members (direct or indirect).
- Proven track record of success in Project Management
- Experience creating and actively managing integrated timelines and budgets
- Thorough understanding of the drug development processes
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage multiple diverse cross-functional teams in a matrix organizational structure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Project)
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- B.S. in a life science / pharmaceutical R&D/ engineering, or related technical field; Advanced degree (MS / PhD / Pharm D / MBA) is a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that includes working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.