About the Opportunity
ILG is a leading provider of professionally delivered vacation experiences and the exclusive global licensee for the Hyatt®, Sheraton®, and Westin® brands in vacation ownership. Interval International (subsidiary of ILG) provides vacation exchange, travel, and leisure services to about 2 million families who are enrolled in various membership programs. It also offers resort developer clients sales, marketing, and operations-support services. The company operates an unparalleled exchange network of quality resorts, with more than 3,000 properties in over 80 countries.
As a Regional Sales Director you will manage and develop the sales of your assigned East coast territory and be the face and voice to over 100 resort clients.
Primary objectives include driving new sales, increasing market share and evaluating and pursuing the most effective strategies to grow the company’s business. You will be responsible for meeting short-term and long range objectives, including ongoing execution of competitive analysis, proactive tactical market planning, and for managing Interval’s relationship with clients, industry associates, and vendors.
- Ensures that adequate plans for the development of new business resulting in the growth of Interval International are prepared, and periodically presents said plans for review and approval to the Vice President and other members of senior management as appropriate.
- Sales responsibilities would include but are not limited to, new resort affiliations and the sale of Interval’s membership products and services. Target clients include time share resorts, investor developers and large project resort developers.
- Oversees servicing of existing affiliates, and secures market intelligence, and reports to management on competitive challenges and issues. Ability to negotiate and manage legal renewal contracts.
- Participates in and heads up speaking in corporate related activities, including client & company meetings. Represents the company in internal and external communications. Serves as a valuable resource and subject matter expert to all clients.
- Works with dedicated personnel within Interval’s Inventory Yield Management division to facilitate the procurement of inventory at preferential rates and terms for promotion to Interval International’s nearly two million members.
- Responsibilities relative to new resort affiliations include ensuring that resorts are inspected and that developer plans are reviewed for all new member resorts in the region, prior to submittal for review and consideration by the Vice President and ultimately the Resort Affiliation Committee.
- Ongoing reporting includes tracking of leads and client activity, the implementation of sales strategies, and working to maximize the success derived from business generating initiatives. Ensures that expenses are in line with approved budget.
- Serves as the company representative in meetings with clients and conducts educational trainings for timeshare sales people on Interval’s products and services.
- Minimum of 5 years of business to business sales experience, ideally in corporate environment
- Proven track record of successful sales performance.
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of management experience.
- Ability to travel on an ongoing basis, travel requirement ranges but can be as much as 80% during any given month, but typically does not exceed 40% on an annual basis.
- Strong interpersonal, persuasive and influencing skills; and the ability to work with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Must be able to build strong relationships; both internally with co-workers and other departments and externally with clients, vendors and industry partners.
- Must possess drive, initiative, high energy and enthusiasm, and be confident and self-motivated.
- Must be able to build trust and confidence; understand relationship selling; have high integrity, and truly enjoy being in a team environment in which enthusiasm for the company’s products and services is critical.
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Must possess excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM).
- Must possess excellent public speaking and presentation skills and have excellent business writing skills.
- Must have and maintain an excellent driving record.