Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation’s leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Director is responsible for leading the regional sales efforts in the areas of Welding Processes, Welding Applications and the Economics of Welding (including Motion Devices), CNC Cutting Systems, Robotic Welding Automation and Controllers, and Welding Software. This leadership role is responsible for the development of business models that maximize sales growth in the metal fabrication market segment. The Director, Advanced Fabrication Solutions, leads a team that interacts with a broad spectrum of Airgas associates, external vendors, suppliers, as well as existing and prospective customers. The position is also responsible for selling advance fabrication solutions to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the Airgas Advanced Fabrication Sales Methodology within the region, serving as a subject matter expert. Understands the impact of sales and financial decisions on the company’s P&L.
- Travels throughout region to call on existing and prospective customers. Leads the sales process for new and existing customers to identify customer needs, develop solutions to address the customer needs.
- Prepare and deliver effective sales presentations and proposals to prospective customers.
- Participates in the annual budget planning process
- Coordinates with Area Vice Presidents (AVPs), District Managers (DMs), and Sales Specialists to facilitate transfer of knowledge and insights to existing customers, and to identify potential new business opportunities.
- Selects, develops, coaches and leads a high performing team of sales professionals to meet or exceed targeted revenue growth. Provides opportunities for team’s career development and professional growth.
- Supports team in responding to complex customer issues.
- Establishes coaching and training opportunities for regional sales professionals to increase subject matter knowledge.
- Leads welding process specialists in establishing goals, assuring accountability and coaching and developing their skills and capabilities.
- Cultivates effective business relationships with top decision makers in key accounts/customers.
- Maintains focus on safety in the workplace by complying with company safety procedures, practices and developing a safety culture within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.