SAFETY MANAGER / PLANT SAFETY SPECIALIST
FPC RALEIGH has been engaged to find a new SAFETY MANAGER / PLANT SAFETY SPECIALIST for our client, a Fortune 500 company and a leading manufacturer of residential and commercial building products. This role will be located in Kansas. The SAFETY MANAGER will work closely with plant operations and management to promote safe practices in accordance with company policy and state and federal regulations.
EXCELLENT SALARY, BENEFITS AND RELOCATION AVAILABLE. This is a CAREER OPPORTUNITY.
Responsibilities for the SAFETY MANAGER / PLANT SAFETY SPECIALIST include:
- Maintain VPP program
- Evaluate and determine proactive safety strategies with plant and corporate management
- Drive continuous improvement in safety monitoring and recordkeeping systems; ensure compliance with all company and regulatory requirements
- Develop action plans for safety activities
- Develop and facilitate Safety training, including Behavioral Based and OSHA required programs
- Work closely with EHS department on plant initiatives in Lean, Kaizen , Cost Reductions and 5S
- Compile and make sure all Safety and Health metrics are accurate and reported properly
- Handle Workers’ Compensation and develop methods for reducing costs and lost time