Revenue Audit Manager
Vaco has been engaged to identify a Revenue Audit Manager for the Internal Audit (IA) team of a hyper-growth enterprise. We're looking for a candidate with extensive revenue business process and financial internal controls experience who is excited to help build out the Company's revenue controls program. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of managing or building a revenue internal controls program and partnering with stakeholders to develop efficient and well-controlled processes across the enterprise. This role is based in San Francisco and reports to the Manager, Financial Audit.
The Revenue Audit Manager will be responsible for developing, enhancing and executing the Company's revenue controls program to keep pace with the growth of the company. The ideal candidate will have strong relationship and communication skills and be able to work with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Intensely curious person who wants to know the what, where, when, how, and most importantly why processes work the way they do.
- Risk-minded person who can see what could go wrong in a process and work with stakeholders to tie the risk to an activity or to call out a gap.
- Able to translate what you learn to stakeholders and partner with them to advise them as they implement process changes.
- Able to communicate very well in verbal and written form. This applies to interacting with stakeholders, the IA team, and in your written communications (especially when it comes to crafting messages and relaying findings and recommendations).
- Can easily adapt between working independently or collaboratively on a team, with various stakeholders and outsourced audit teams, and on unstructured projects.
- Highly organized and able to manage time, tasks, and deliverables.
SCOPE & SKILLS:
- Plan, execute and oversee the Company's global revenue internal controls program.
- Participate in the corporate risk assessment and work with the IA team to incorporate the results into the Company's annual Enterprise Risk Assessment.
- Work with management to document business processes and key controls.
- Execute audits of financial processes in support of a healthy internal controls environment.
- Prepare findings and recommendations and support communication to the executive team.
- Actively monitor audit related remediation and management action plans.
- Influence and champion operational efficiency and a well-controlled control environment.
- Research and stay current on new technical literature applicable to the internal control process (e.g., PCAOB guidance, SEC) emerging trends and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CISA, or CIA.
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 25 percent).
- 7+ years of audit experience.
- Experience with SOX readiness reviews or implementation of internal controls focused on revenue.
- Knowledge of business and IT processes and how they intersect with financial transactions.
- Ability to analyze complex processes to identify potential financial, operational, systems and compliance risks.
- Must be able to complete assignments on a timely basis within budget and deadline.
- Working technical knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, COSO, SOX requirements, including PCAOB Auditing Standard No. 5, IIA standards and audit processes and procedures..
- Public accounting and/or start-up experience is a plus.
- Oracle, ACL, and SQL knowledge
- Technology and/or media specific industry experience
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
For more insight into this exciting venture, please contact Nicole Foster at 925.357.6121. Thank you for your interest.