Kelly Services is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager/Scrum Master for one of our top clients in Hartford, CT.
This is not a contract role – This is a Temp to Hire position
Kelly is a full service workforce solutions provider to 98% of the Fortune 100™ companies. We provide employment to more than 700,000 people annually and we deal with some of the largest and best companies both nationally and locally.
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must submit your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Due to the high volume of responses anticipated, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
As a Project Manager/Scrum Master, your responsibilities would include, but would not be limited to:
Primary point of accountability to business partners and other parties for the management and implementation of small to medium sized projects and/or small programs that support achievement of Personal Insurance strategic imperatives.
The Project Manager controls planning and execution of the project’s activities and resources to ensure that established cost, time, and quality goals are met. The Project Manager works with moderate supervision and is responsible for applying project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes, and systems in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations. The Project Manager operates within defined parameters using a proven project management methodology with flexibility to merge different methodologies in accomplishing collective goals.
- Lead planning and execution of small to medium size IT projects and teams to achieve established cost, time, and quality goals
- Engage Business Sponsors in projects
- Understand, apply, and promote internal standards
- Develop project budget and manage against it
- Understand project Business Case thoroughly and monitor project against it
- Understand the benefit metrics to capture and monitor during delivery
- Develop risk mitigation and contingency plans
- Create and track project resource plan and deliverables
- Manage project budget to achieve cost targets
- Manage project changes to achieve project outcomes
- Build and leverage effective alliances across technical and business community
- Lead the production implementation of projects
- Apply both Agile and Waterfall project SDLCs
- Manage team development; may actively mentor members of the PM community
- Guide teams in adopting lean/agile principles such as collaboration, continuous improvement and self-governance
- Facilitate agile team ceremonies (e.g., stand-ups, retrospectives, iteration planning)
- Remove impediments to team success and mediate conflict within team
- Monitor key results and metrics to help teams identify improvement opportunities and bottlenecks
- Effective stakeholder management and communication
The ideal candidate has:
- 2 to 5 years IT project management experience (minimum 1 year as a Scrum Master/Agile Project Manager)
- Strong communication skills
- Solid working knowledge of technology capabilities and direction
- Ability to work effectively within a highly matrixed organization
Preferred experience & knowledge:
- Property/casualty insurance industry and applications
- Experience in additional IT SDLC roles (e.g., Developer, System Analyst, Designer, QA Analyst)
- Rally tool usage
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Pay rate range : $45-50 per hour (BOE)
- Contract Length- Temp To Perm
- Hours: 1st Shift
- Location: Hartford, CT
Kelly Temporary Employee Perks:
- Group medical, prescription, vision, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance options that are available for purchase—and the coverage is portable*
- Service bonus plan
- Holiday pay plan
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Free online training campus available
- Exclusive online employee community
- Corporate discounts
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 9,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent: people like you.
Last year we found 10,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.