WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com
Production Manager-Cerritos, CA
As the leader of production, you have the exciting opportunity to build effective relationships with internal departments to produce a superior product. The Production Manager is responsible for production operations at the plant including safety, maintenance, planning and shipping. Safety is the number one priority at WestRock. As a key management team member, you will contribute to achieving sales objectives through coordination of workflow
How you will impact WestRock:
- Establish goals and track results relating to uptime, quality, productivity; control manufacturing and conversion cost within budgetary limits
- Ensure that all WestRock standards and customer commitments (i.e., quality, safety, output, on-time delivery) are followed within the plant
- Build and maintain an effective partnership with union to improve overall plant production; act as liaison with union/union employees and General Manager
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or seven or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong preferance for industry experience
- Must be able to collaborate with others in the organization outside the line of formal authority (such as peers in other units or senior management) to achieve organizational goals and to identify and resolve problems
- Able to respond quickly to changing demands, processes, and updated information
- Must operate with the customer's interest in mind and take action based upon the best interest of WestRock
- Must be capable of setting a course of action for self and others to accomplish goals; be an effective motivator and clear communicator
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.