Come join our team!
Interval International operates membership programs for vacationers and provides value-added services to its developer clients worldwide. Based in Miami, Florida, the company has been a pioneer and innovator in serving the vacation ownership market since 1976. Today, Interval's exchange network comprises approximately 3,000 resorts in more than 80 nations. Through offices in 15 countries, Interval offers high-quality products and benefits to resort clients and about 2 million families who are enrolled in various membership programs. Interval is an operating business of ILG, Inc. (Nasdaq: ILG), a leading global provider of professionally delivered vacation experiences.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises month-end GL and accounts receivable / billing processes, including approval of journal entries and invoices, ensuring timelines are met
- Reviews contracts to calculate developer rebates and ensures they are recorded in accordance with GAAP. Performs rebate accrual and evaluation of prepaid developer rebates
- Responsible for Recording and Monitoring of A/R Aging Schedules and Allowance for bad debt
- Ensures revenue and associated reserves are recorded in accordance with GAAP
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reporting package schedules
- Coordinates Departmental Internal / External Audit Requests and associated testing
- System lead for A/R, Billing, Order Management, and Membership systems
- Main liaison with I/T for system enhancement, testing, and deployment
- Responsible for ongoing testing of existing reports and processes
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of departmental policies and procedures documentation
- Performs other related duties as required
- Supervises two positions - Accounting Analyst and Accounts Receivable Coordinator
- Ensures that each employee receives complete training in all aspects of the position
- Provides regular feedback and timely evaluations of employee performance
- Recommends HR actions, such as salary increases, promotions, transfers, etc.
- Develops employees toward realizing their potential
- Maintains high employee morale and low turnover
Education, Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in accounting
- Master's degree in accounting preferred
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years' experience, preferably three years at the senior accountant (or equivalent) level
- Must be familiar with interpreting and accounting for complex contracts
- Must be an advanced Excel user and proficient with Word and other Microsoft Office applications
- ERP system experience preferred
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate, and possess excellent organizational skills
- Must possess excellent communication skills with employees at all levels, both verbally and in writing
Sitting, standing, manual dexterity (writing, typing, handling), operation of computer
Benefits and Compensation
We are committed to offering competitive pay and benefits to our employees. We conduct regular compensation reviews to ensure that our employees continue to earn a fair and equitable compensation package relative to that of other industry competitors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran's status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The Company complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled employees and applicants.