Manager, Recruiting Strategy & Programs
It’s a powerful feeling, to belong. It’s inspiring people to do more than they thought they could. It’s leading the way by rolling up your sleeves to accomplish a common goal. It’s taking a passion and turning it into your vision. Belonging is what it feels like to work at Marriott. If this sounds like the place for you, join us.
The Marriott International HQ located at 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, MD, 20817 is currently hiring a Manager, Recruiting Strategy & Programs.
Responsibilities include: The Talent Acquisition Strategies & Solutions team is dedicated to enabling the organization to hire top talent by thinking big, broad and boldly about Talent Acquisition, resulting in keeping us ahead of the curve for all things TA. We work to design/develop/implement innovative TA strategies and solutions for the organization and continually identify both best practices and emerging TA trends that may influence our strategic advice and solution architecture.
Your colleagues will include other TA strategists at various points in their careers but whose backgrounds include former TA leadership roles, staffing program management, HR technology implementations, business consulting and of course, hands-on, full life cycle recruiting experience.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a project oriented role in which you’ll use your prior recruiting experiences to work on talent acquisition related initiatives. You will not carry a req load in this position. Instead, you’ll make an impact by developing and carrying out TA related strategies and solutions that support the priorities of our global talent acquisition team as well as priorities of internal customers such as business units, brands or geographic regions. What this means:
- You can expect to work on multiple projects at once - for some, you’ll play a primary role in flawlessly managing the deployment of strategies and solutions developed by our team, and for others, you’ll play a support role with ownership over smaller work-streams within a larger project.
- Some of the solutions our team may develop will be programmatic in nature – think referral programs, candidate experience initiatives, or alumni programs as examples – where we’ll establish or significantly evolve a program. Some solutions could be a tool or a technology. Other strategies we develop may be to supercharge the recruiting and sourcing efforts for specific segments of our business, be it geographic, for a brand, job family or an experience level.
- For each project where you play a primary role, responsibilities will typically include strategy development and alignment which will require you to immerse yourself in the issue including understand the internal landscape and stakeholder perspectives. You’ll then ideate and work to design and develop a solution or strategy, to include organizing and guiding cross-functional/matrix teams including external vendors. Project management responsibilities can include plan development, budget management, vendor management and project communications.
- You will be expected to strike a balance between independence in driving your projects or assigned work-streams for projects you’re supporting, and collaborating with key stakeholders, partners and teammates. You’ll receive guidance and support from the team’s VP, to whom you’ll report, as well as other project owners.
In addition, you will have responsibility for contributing to our team’s efforts to continually drive innovation in TA through the ongoing identification and evaluation of both best practices and emerging trends in TA and HR technology.
YOU’RE WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR IF:
- You love recruiting. You must love recruiting. Our team’s mission is to enable the organization to think bigger and more boldly about talent acquisition. This can only happen if each of our team members has a fundamental love for recruiting.
- You’re curious & inquisitive. You’re a life-long learner and actively seek out exposure to new ideas and practices. Professionally, this means you’re current with Talent Acquisition and business trends and best practices.
- You’re a team player. You understand that we all have different strengths and as a result, we’re stronger as a collaborative team. You support your teammates in big and small ways and do your part to create a positive team environment because after all, we spend so much time together and it might as well be fun.
- You’re consultative. You ask smart questions, you are comfortable interfacing with all levels of the organization and do so in a manner that gains confidence and trust.
- You can roll with the punches. You’re comfortable with complexity, ambiguity and change, and adjust to evolving priorities, circumstances, direction, and personal styles.
- You’re a great communicator. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and can do so with clarity, poise and persuasion.
- You’re analytical. You can dig into new problems, quickly assess situations, identify gaps and possible solutions.
- You’re organized, methodical and can prioritize. You can manage multiple work activities concurrently with minimal supervision, you prioritize work tasks in accordance with goals and you make effective use of time.
- Your glass is half full. You maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor at all times, even if ideas or recommendations are met with resistance.
OUR EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required, MBA degree in related field a plus
- Five or more years’ experience that includes full life cycle recruiting or sourcing
- Optional but highly preferred experiences include:
- Development and management of talent programs with significant organization/HR impact
- Internal or external consulting
- Planning and coordinating small to mid-sized projects
To submit your application for this job, please go to:
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice around the globe by FORTUNE and Working Mother magazines, DiversityInc, Great Places to Work Institute, and the CRF institute among others. Visit our newsroom to learn more: news.marriott.com
Connect and network online with us:
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.