The Leadership Development Manager will be responsible for supporting the design and execution of global Leadership Development and Talent Management practices in support of corporate functions. The Team Member will also support the development of Hilton's corporate Rotational Development programs, Thrive@Hilton, and Quarterly Talent reporting processes.
What will I be doing?
The Leadership Development Manager will be an individual contributor but will need to matrix extensively with the Analytics department to drive accurate and efficient metrics, analysis and recommendations. The Team Member will also need to have solid relationship-building skills, executive presence and be able to maintain strict confidence over his/her work.
Other key priorities are listed below:
- Responsible for supporting and analyzing corporate Leadership Development Programs and Talent Management processes that are globally consistent, backed by strong analytics and that is well-communicated to all areas of the business
- Responsible for supporting several initiatives such as Leadership Development communications, global programs and the analytics of Talent Management practices at the Senior Director level and below
- Ensure that all Leadership Development content is aligned with Hilton's overarching business objectives and Talent Management focus
- Liaise with the Analytics team and other key stakeholders (Learning Delivery, HR Consulting, and global Talent Management) to ensure that all content is deployed consistently across the enterprise
- Keep a consistent pulse on new leadership development trends and resources available in the marketplace
- Effectively assess the current level of talent within the business and identify gaps or areas where additional development support is needed to achieve business objectives
- Turn innovative and creative ideas into solid plans and proposals that link to cultural and organizational initiatives
- Consult with Human Resources Consultants, senior business leaders and other key stakeholders to perform periodic needs analyses and determine talent and leadership needs within the business
- Work with the team to ensure integration with strong core talent programs, curriculum and concepts
- Work with the Analytics team to measure the development program ROI and recommend improvements based on data
- Ensure that internal Leadership Development Programs are marketed effectively and branded consistently
- Contribute to Hilton's Leadership Development Social Media and other Leadership Development Communications
- Deliver informational sessions on Hilton's Talent and Leadership programs to internal and external audiences
- Strong executive presence and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to effectively work with and indirectly manage others to accomplish project objectives and timelines
- Ability to manage project and program budgets
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in the field of Leadership Development and/or Talent Management, including experience with Talent Ratings systems, Leadership Development program design and execution and succession planning
- A minimum of two (2) years of managerial experience and/or project management experience
- Experience working in a matrixed organization
- Intermediate to Advanced skills with Excel
- Ability to travel as required
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree in Industrial and organizational Psychology
- A minimum of four (4) years of Supervisory experience
- A minimum of three (3) years of Hospitality industry experience
- Experience partnering with HR Business Partners or Consulting teams
- Experience in HR Analytics and the use of predictive analytics in Talent Management
- Experience working in a global business environment
- Tableau Experience
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!