The Risk Advisory Manager is responsible for providing internal audit, internal control and Sarbanes-Oxley services to dynamic organizations - across different industries. The Manager will be responsible for assisting senior and associate consultants in planning and managing engagements, conducting fieldwork, discussing findings and observations during client exit meetings, reviewing staff work papers, and preparing written audit reports.
The position will also include client service assistance such as advice on internal control approaches, best practices and helping clients deal with critical business issues. The Risk Advisory Manager will also build and maintain new and existing client relationships in Houston and surrounding areas.
The candidate should also be capable of conducting internal audit engagements independently and leading an engagement team.
- 5 + years' experience with audit, internal audit or internal controls experience
- Bachelor degree business, finance, or accounting
- Strong understanding of internal audit, Sarbanes-Oxley, internal control reviews and process risk assessments
- Regulatory, internal audit or public accounting background
- Professional designations (CPA, CIA, etc.) or a current candidate for one
- Ability to travel up to 30-50%
- Professional services and/or Public Accounting or Consulting experience
- Experience and ability to manage projects and take initiative
- Ability to contribute well in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of business process and internal controls
- Excellent project management and time management skills
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Location Street Address: 1330 Post Oak Blvd, Ste. 2400
Region: Central Region
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
Travel Required: Yes
Sponsor candidates who are not eligible to work in US: No
Requisition ID: TXMC19929