Jazz Pharmaceuticals is seeking an experienced professional to successfully manage global IT infrastructure & security projects from initiation to delivery. The position’s primary role is to effectively manage objectives, scope, time, quality, resources, costs, risks and change management for a diverse set of projects ranging from solution evaluation, implementation and initial go-live of infrastructure and security platforms. Secondary responsibilities will be assisting in the development of best practices for project management and the systems development life cycle in concert with the Jazz IT PMO.
- Proactively manage projects towards achievement of business objectives while adhering to agreed scope, time, quality and budget; may manage resources directly to execute project activities.
- Work with other IT functions to balance resource demands for Infrastructure & Security team members across the whole of the Jazz IT portfolio.
- Work with the Principal Architect and Engineering Lead to understand the project scope and design and prepare implementation plans. Ensure all parties (including external vendors) are appropriately informed and communicated to over the duration of the project.
- Work with the Transition Lead to ensure smooth conversion to an operational state including all necessary deliverables from well-defined training plans to defined operational KPIs for success.
- Develop project charters, comprehensive plans, budgets, success criteria, metrics, status reporting, communications and other deliverables to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Manage project budgets and departmental reporting to ensure accurate reporting and timely updates for overall IT financial management processes.
- Also provide oversight to general IT Infrastructure, Security and Operations budgets beyond just projects to help improve overall accuracy.
- Anticipate critical activities and risks within and across projects, identify issues and demonstrate initiative to appropriately escalate and resolve. Plan mitigations for risks with significant impact.
- Effectively communicate progress, status, dependencies and risk to stakeholders so that necessary corrective actions can be taken to keep project on track.
- Demonstrate leadership and communicate in a way that is motivating, optimistic and pragmatic; foster effective team interaction, collaboration and accountability.
- Clearly communicate project roles and responsibilities to team members; monitor team member tasks and deliverables to ensure appropriate quality and timely completion.
- Partner with IT Project Management office and others to develop and implement best practices for project management, solution evaluation and the system development life cycle; maintains templates, guidelines and process documentation. Coaches and mentors others on project management best practices.
- Be a resource for understanding the necessary steps (e.g. investment rationale, project management, change management, post project evaluation) to go from inception to realization of business benefits.
- Manage multiple global projects that comprise of internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Build strong partnerships and relationships, across the organization and externally, that lead to the highest levels of collaboration and effectiveness.
- Manage vendors conducting work on assigned projects, ensuring their deliverables are provided in a timely and quality manner.
- Ensure compliance to departmental SDLC and PM methodologies.