Annual Risk Assessment and Audit Planning
- Leveraging client business relationships, regular contacts with key stakeholders, and industry trends and leading practices, this position leads development of the information systems portion of the annual audit plan that:
- Provides reasonable audit coverage of the most significant risks and exposures utilizing the audit resources available Incorporates the organization's second-line defense activities in the overall risk mitigation assessment, minimizing duplication of effort and maximizing deficiencies.
- Perform risk assessments across the organization to identify information system risks and determine audit projects for the annual audit plan according to established criteria and maintain open dialogues with system / divisional management.
- Coordinate work with Information Services, Risk, Legal & Compliance and other business units reporting on control effectiveness or other monitoring activities within our Client.
- Manage and supervise the planning, organization, and completion of information systems reviews as outlined in the annual audit plan; and, management requests/special investigations.
- Through active leadership and oversight ensure:
- Information systems reviews, special investigations and management requests are performed efficiently and timely
- Audit programs and testing procedures are appropriate for the areas in scope.
- Fieldwork is within scope constraints and deadlines
- Identified risks are addressed and exposures communicated
- Review activities conform to Client's policies, departmental procedures, and professional standards.
- Areas of IS audit include:
- data security, business systems & processes, development & implementation, general IS operations & controls, network & distributed operations, project management & quality assurance, and management issues & projects.
Analyzing Results and Reporting
- Manage and participate in the analysis and summary of audit results, formulation of recommendations, and preparation of audit reports and communication of observations and recommendations to management.
- Participate in opening and exit conferences with management.
- Ensure audit results are documented in accordance with Audit Services policies and procedures;
- summarized and analyzed for preparation of recommendations; compiled in a report format; and, communicated to management within a timely manner, ensuring management action plans mitigate risk exposures.
- Leads recruiting, training, motivating and developing information systems audit professional staff. Provide professional staff with ongoing performance feedback, coaching, and performing annual performance evaluations.
- Facilitate development and retention of information systems audit professional staff with sufficient knowledge, training, skills, and experience to meet the requirements of the Audit Services Charter.
Teamwork and Development
- Provide leadership in the completion of department, team and personal professional development goals.
- Minimum 4 year degree in Information Systems related curriculum is required. Additional or advanced degrees in information systems curriculum, accounting, auditing, or a related field is preferred.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), required
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), preferred or other auditing certifications.
Prior Work Experience:
- Minimum five (5) years internal/external audit work experience and five (5) years information systems audit management experience required
- Mature oral and written skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate with organizational leaders at all levels, using tact and diplomacy.
- Effective supervising and leading of staff who are in a direct reporting relationship.
- Self-direct work efforts that are competent, organized and thoughtful, demonstrating effective time management skills.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, judgment, wisdom and decision making skills that enhance and guide the management and execution of audit plans and processes. Manage internal audit processes in accordance with applicable laws, auditing, and accounting standards.
- Coordinate work with external auditors, federal and state agencies, and external consultants as necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality of information and materials.
- Demonstrate proficiency using office software applications, including spreadsheets, databases, and data analysis tools.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email [email protected] .com for other accommodation options.