One of Aerotek's clients is looking to hire an Experienced Human Resource Manager
The HR Manager will have generalist responsibilities for the Company in the initial stages of development. Primary tasks will focus on recruiting and applicant tracking, with candidate searches focusing on engineering, construction project management, sales and marketing. The Manager will also play a key role in performance and talent management, and will contribute to payroll and compensation management matters.
* Recruit and retain superior talent for Vastly in central Virginia.
o Maintain library of job descriptions for positions across the company
o Manage and maintain all recruiting channels: recruiting web site, relationships with placement agencies, and connections to relevant colleges and universities
o Create and post jobs, review resumes, and screen candidates to pass to hiring managers
o Perform background checks, reference checks and other hiring qualification processes
o Coordinate with management to prepare offers of employment
* Develop and maintain performance review systems and tools for the company
* Develop and maintain organization charts and compensation/headcount reports
* Train and mentor managers on effective interviewing and recruiting techniques, including orienting new managers from outside the US on US hiring practices and requirements
* Assist with employee benefits programs review, evaluation and configuration to ensure attractive offerings to job candidates
* Assist as needed with payroll processing, new hire processing and on boarding tasks as required
International Recruiting Experience
* Bachelor's degree or above in a related discipline; human resources certifications are a plus
* At least seven years of progressively responsible human resources experience in a major or midsize corporate setting, including recruiting, payroll and benefits, and talent management
* Demonstrated success with candidate recruitment across multiple disciplines, leveraging a wide range of recruiting resources and pipelines in Virginia and nationally
* Demonstrated ability to manage and protect confidential information
* Familiarity with regulations and requirements around non-US citizens and work visa requirements preferred
* Excellent skills in written and spoken English, including the ability to discuss sensitive topics with candidates and employees in a confidential and respectful manner
Candidates should have extensive prior experience with recruiting technical, sales and administrative staff, ideally in the mid-Atlantic region.
Thorough knowledge of Virginia and federal labor laws pertaining to both hourly and salaried staff, prior experience with performance management, and experience with compensation planning are all also highly desired.
Prior experience with ADP and employee benefits administration is desired, as is prior work experience within an international corporation or context.
Our people are everything. Since 1983, Aerotek has become a leader in recruiting and staffing services by building quality relationships that allow us to place quality people in quality jobs. With over 230 non-franchised offices, Aerotek serves 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.