The HR Business Partner role serves as a critical and strategic role within Jazz by contributing to the achievement of business results by effectively partnering with R&D executives and members of the HR team in creating, implementing and driving strategic, organization wide as well as R & D initiatives while at the same time delivering on the day to day aspects of the HRBP role.
This position requires the proactive and continual partnership and collaboration with the business clients in the R&D organization as well as leading an internal matrix team in HR (e.g., Leadership and Development, Compensation, Talent Acquisition, HR Operations, and HRBPs EU & RoW)as well as working proactively and effectively with other internal partners (e.g., Payroll, Legal, and Finance)
Focus areas include: organizational design and development, organizational effectiveness, employee engagement and retention initiatives, leadership development, workforce planning as well as performance management. The HRBP contributes to creating a culture where Jazz’s mission, values and strategies, as well as focus on high performance, help sustain a long term competitive advantage. The HRBP will build strong partnerships across HR functional areas and will effectively lead and leverage existing knowledge, expertise and systems to broker and deliver HR solutions and programs to the business.Additional Responsibilities include:
- Partner with senior and executive management to help realize their strategic vision and business goals by translating their vision into organizational objectives and actions.
- Establish rapport and credibility to operate as an ad hoc member of the R&D Leadership Team
- Participate meaningfully in the creation of business strategies and provide relevant HR insights and solutions to business challenges
- Play a leadership role in creating and implementing key, long-term strategic programs in the areas of strategic HR, employee and leadership development, talent planning, employee engagement programs and organizational culture.
- Assist in leading the business through transformations and adapting to changing business conditions. Consciously strive to build networks of support for change initiatives (including the continual evolution of Jazz as a company).
- Partner with leaders in the R&D organization in creating and implementing Change Management Plans as needed and appropriate.
- Initiate and drive organization-wide calibration sessions with executives during annual focal process and Work Force Planning initiatives.
- Effectively partner with International HR team members to execute strategies and initiatives globally
- Coach executives / senior managers toward goal-oriented and results-driven leadership that will engage and inspire employees. Influence their thinking and decision-making by adding insights and solutions with clarity and conviction.
- Facilitate executive business meetings including: off-sites, project team meetings, new leader assimilations, etc. as appropriate
- Lead and be accountable for HR services for the business by partnering closely with the HR matrix team that is dedicated to the R&D organization as well as with other members of the HR team. Know and leverage the entire Jazz HR delivery chain and help educate team driving business initiatives
- Ensure effective application of the annual performance management program through evaluation, analysis and feedback. Ensure that personal development plans are completed and that managers are equipped to deliver development discussions.
- Be a Jazz Culture champion. Implement initiatives that will result in strong employee engagement and are in alignment with the Jazz culture
- Participate as appropriate in all key hiring decisions.
- Partner with appropriate clients, internal/external partners and HR team members in the management and closure of employee relation issues in a way that is consistent with Jazz values while maintaining a focus on risk mitigation.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of HR programs and processes.
- Manage the communication of HR policies, procedures and practices to ensure sound leadership application and legal compliance.