As the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for performing highly specialized accounting work required to maintain the Company’s general ledger. Working under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer in a subsidiary of a multinational corporation, the Finance Manager directs and coordinates the daily activities
of the accounting staff to quickly and accurately record the revenues, expenditures, assets, and liabilities of the Company. The incumbent should be a highly motivated self-starter with supervisory, review, and proofing experience. The incumbent is also responsible for preparing annual financial statements and coordinating the Company’s annual audit.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Overseeing the daily accounting activities required to maintain the company’s general ledger.
- Supervising, directing, and reviewing the works of the accounting staff (including, but not limited to, cash reconciliations, trust account statement reconciliations, check runs, accounts receivable transactions, fixed asset activity, payroll, accounts payable transactions, debt activity, recording of revenue and expenses, etc.).
- Cashing management (including placement/movement of funds in various trusts).
- Maintaining organized set of detailed records and files to document financial transactions.
- Resolving complex accounting issues or assisting other company personnel in resolving financial issues.
- Reviewing general ledger on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of posting.
- Producing financial reports involving the company’s trust accounts for monthly board meetings.
- Coordinating monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities.
- Producing quarterly and annual financial statements and ad hoc financial reports.
- Making and implementing recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with accounting principles and procedures.
- Ability to develop and establish financial policies and procedures.
- Strong knowledge on internal controls.
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision.
- Ability to effectively direct and supervise.
- Knowledge of operating and capital budget concepts.
- Ability to analyze financial data and to prepare accurate reports in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of policies and practices associated with payroll and benefits administration.
- Knowledge of personnel policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and ability in the use of a personal computer and software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to effectively use a modern automated financial management system.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions.
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions.
- Ability to be bonded.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in accounting.
- At least 7 years of experience in the area of financial statement preparation, budgeting, payroll, purchasing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable, or the equivalent. Experience working with an automated financial management system.
Special Certificates and Licenses:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation a plus.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary depending on experience, an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical and dental benefits and future growth. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Reliable candidates seeking an exciting new opportunity are encouraged to submit their resume to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.