RESPONSIBILITIES:A Kforce client in Atlanta, Georgia (GA) seeking a Director of Global Database Administration, who is responsible for overseeing the databases and administrators.
As the Director, you will be responsible for driving the technical vision for databases, leading and growing the database organization, and partnering with our business and security teams. The team Director requires experience in the management of DBAs and database design, implementation and maintenance, consolidation, project planning, audit/compliance, security, and budget. The Director will have hands-on knowledge of at least one and lead administrators of SQL Server, Sybase, and Oracle. This broad set of responsibilities includes all database administration and database support operations.
- Leads Oracle, Sybase, and SQL Server DBAs in providing service for test and production environments
- Leads the consolidation and modernization of database architecture
- Implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security, quality, integrity, and availability of databases
- Champions automation and self-service capabilities for internal customers
- Manages new project implementations for database deployment and data migration
- Manages all regular maintenance activities, including patching, upgrades, backup and recovery, documentation, security, DR plans and tests, capacity planning, and performance evaluations
- Works with stakeholders to identify gaps and define requirements as it relates to the operational efficiency of current and anticipated processes
- Partners with security and risk teams in implementing process changes to ensure compliance with privacy policies, security audits, and PCI certifications
- Escalates and resolves data system issues, outages, and complaints
- Provides expertise and experience with cloud offerings and backup strategies
- Provides expertise and experience in implementing TOGAF and/or ITIL frameworks as needed