This individual will provide project management leadership to global drug development project teams primarily in the Sleep Franchise. The incumbent will work closely with the Senior Director, Project Management, Development Team Leader, and Therapeutic Area Head in the Sleep Franchise to ensure successful completion of project goals on schedule and within budget. The incumbent will also participate in project management process improvement initiatives.
- Manage global, cross-functional drug development project teams/sub-teams primarily in the Sleep Franchise
- Organize interdepartmental activities to ensure completion of assigned projects within scope, on schedule and within budget constraints
- Identify project risks and prepare mitigations and contingency plans
- Ensure accurate tracking and reporting of project milestones and deliverables
- Identify and communicate resource constraints to senior management
- Ensure team conflicts are resolved in a professional and timely manner
- Prepare project updates for governance meetings and clearly communicate status in written documents and presentations
- Participate in implementing improvements to project management processes, tools and infrastructure to ensure ongoing efficiency across the R&D organization and company wide
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Approximately 6 years (Associate Director)/10 years (Director) of experience independently managing or leading cross-functional project teams in a drug development company
- Proven track record of success in Project Management
- Experience creating and actively managing integrated timelines and budgets
- Thorough understanding of the drug development processes
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage multiple diverse cross-functional teams in a matrix organizational structure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Project)
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- B.S. in a life science / pharmaceutical R&D, MBA is a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that includes working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.