The Director of Global Brand Strategy will facilitate the development and achievement of Global Brands objectives and strategies that result in continually strengthening and improving brand and enterprise level performance. The Team Member will not only act on identified priorities and objectives but also anticipate the needs of the Global Brands organization and work directly with brand and function leaders to understand their specific business objectives and situations and how those specifics fit into the broader Global Brands priorities and objectives.
What will I be doing?
The Director of Global Brand Strategy will be responsible for working with senior stakeholders across the brands and enterprise to identify, solve, and act upon opportunities and challenges impacting brand and enterprise performance, product offerings and innovation, and competitive positioning. The Team Member will leverage direct reports, and lead efforts to generate and execute actionable recommendations and strategies based on rigorous analytics; collaborate across brand, product, and enterprise teams; and align with the overall brand portfolio and enterprise priorities.
Other key priorities are listed below:
- Support the development of detailed financial models and valuation scenarios for strategic initiatives, potential business development and partnership opportunities
- Understand customer and owner needs and identify unmet (or emerging) needs across the hospitality category
- Communicate strategic priorities and findings up and down the organization
- Establish priorities and delegate work to project Team Members (both direct reports and ad-hoc support as required by specific initiatives) accordingly, while ensuring optimal allocation of resources
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Hilton portfolio strategy, including new brand development
- Direct additional strategic projects as defined by the needs of the organization
- Run the annual brand planning process, including liaising with other parts of the enterprise to ensure that brand priorities are incorporated into annual plans (marketing planning)
- Define and set up projects in ways that ensure the best chances for a successful and productive outcome, the satisfaction and appreciation of brand and team leaders, and the best use of the Brand Strategy team's resources
- Anticipate the needs of the organization and position the Brand Strategy team to successfully lead the overarching strategy of the Global Brands organization
- Collaborative team player; politically savvy; great at building consensus and relationships across all levels, and effectively coordinate efforts
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience developing strategic plans that identify consumer and commercial priorities and trends
- A minimum of two (2) years of leadership experience at the Manager and/or Senior Manager level with the ability to build, inspire and focus a team on delivery
- Ability to lead multiple priorities and projects; simultaneously with a proven track record delivering tangible business results
- Mastery of written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to travel as required (25%)
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree from a top tier institution
- A minimum of four (4) years of managerial experience
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!