Area Finance Manager – Murfreesboro, TN
WestRock is seeking to fill the position of Area Finance Manager, that will support multiple Areas with a total of nine manufacturing facilities. Ideally this position will be located in Murfreesboro, TN, though other possible locations may be considered. Finance Manager will, through fact-based analysis, provide insights, recommendations, analysis and drive improvements in operations, sales, and the overall profitability of the Area, Business Unit and Division. This position is considered to be a business partner to the Area Vice President, Business Unit General Manager and/or General Manager, and accountable for the bottom-line results in conjunction with Plants, Business Unit, Area and Region management. Will act as lead for financial area team including developing talent, mentoring and coaching Financial Analysts and Financial Administrators.
How you will impact WestRock:
General Business Support Analysis:
- Provide accurate and timely financial analysis, and support variances from budgets and forecasts from a business perspective and work with management on problems/issues as identified and participate in providing solutions.
- Support weekly and monthly forecast updates from a business perspective, guiding Area/Business Unit management on changes in volume and operating earnings.
- Analyze trends in manufacturing, sales and other related areas to better understand and manage the business. Provide a fact-based understanding of the bottom-line benefit for all Area/Business Unit decisions and/or opportunities.
- Prepare ad hoc financial and business-related analysis and research as necessary, from and for an operations and business perspective.
- Work closely with Area/Business Unit and Region sales management to implement a monthly customer attrition tracking report. Create root cause assessments for customer attrition and develop action plans to reduce attrition rate. Change to include trends, etc.
- Utilize the PAT process to support corporate account and local account bids/analysis. Use the information to assist local management in improving operational and financial performance. Take an active role and ensure the successful transition of all won national and local bids / new business.
- Actively monitor the profitability of all customers, but in particular those with a negative contribution margin and/or profit. Work with Business Unit management to develop action plans to address customer profitability and track progress against agreed-upon goals.
- Actively facilitate the price increase tracking process for price increase planning within the Business Unit to ensure maximization of price increase efforts and enforcement of contractual terms. Provide accurate and timely information to Business Unit and Division management on targeted/forecasted increases planned and actual implementation across the Area/Business Unit.
- Obtain a working knowledge of all available sales analytical tools (sales forecasting tool, SalesForce.com, etc.). Educate and train local Area/Business Unit personnel in the use and understanding of the available tools to drive bottom-line results.
Operations and Manufacturing Support:
- Provide analytical support for key manufacturing metrics including Performance Excellence, net waste, returns & allowances, machine performance, labor efficiency, capacity, headcount, safety, etc. Identify gaps and/or under-performance trends and engage the Area/Business Unit management team to develop solutions for operational and financial improvement.
- Identify fiber reduction and/or light-weighting opportunities and work with Area/Business Unit management to take action and track the associated savings from targeted customers.
- Work closely with the Warehouse Optimization team to identify warehouses for elimination, develop transition plans to address warehouse inventory and timelines to expedite the realization of savings from warehouse shutdown.
- Work with green belt leaders to establish savings targets during the define phase of Six Sigma projects. Collaborate with the Regional Manufacturing Manager and Six Sigma teams on kaizens and operational audits.
Strategy and Capital Support:
- Lead the economic analysis of box plant footprint optimization cases within the Area/Business Unit.
- Assist Area, Business Unit and Division management to implement the Run-To-Design initiative to improvement operating speed on corrugators and converting equipment to design specifications.
- Responsible for all Area/Business Unit CPERF (Capital Project Expenditure Request Form) economic analysis and maintaining modeling consistency (i.e., a standardized approach to calculating financial performance). Responsible for driving a sense of urgency regarding the capital development and approval process with a specific emphasis on obtaining approval and expediting installation of all capital projects related to the Strategic Optimization initiative.
- Work closely with Area/Business Unit and Division management to develop and implement additional strategic profit improvement initiatives.
Accounting, Process and Regulatory Support:
- Ensure Accounting processes and controls are implemented and followed.
- Field contact for corporate and hub accounting.
- Sarbanes-Oxley is in compliance.
- Balance sheet, AR, AP, tax and other related inquires and requests.
- Assists in Inventory Reconciliation.
- Fixed Assets Audits.
- Internal and External Audit Support.
- Helps resolve remittance discrepancies.
- Contacts other departments and/or outside vendors/agencies to resolve A/P issues as needed.
Lead for financial area team including developing talent, mentoring and coaching Financial Analysts and Financial Administrators.
- Direct, train, coach, and mentor employees while demonstrating WestRock’s values
- Responsible for performance evaluations & employee development plans are done effectively and on-time
Other Support / Responsibilities
- Establish working relationship and consistent communication with the Area/Business Unit General Manager and Regional Business Analyst.
- Build relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Become knowledgeable in various financial and operating systems in order to provide support and direction as the Area/Business Unit requires.
- Implement and administer procedures and best practices related to business support analytics.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration required.
- CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Prior industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong analytical ability / perspective required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and completely self-directed.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Strong PC skills in MS Excel / Word / PowerPoint, pivot tables and data mining.
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.