The Delivery Manager II (DM II) position is a leadership position in the organization in which the individual is responsible for managing one or more projects/project teams/programs at a time. The Delivery Manager provides delivery assurance of application services for clients through a range of internal and external functions in the following areas: Application Development Solution Delivery, Account Management, Service Design Maintenance and Management responsibilities. This role may require up to 50% travel.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Gain a clear understanding of customers' business requirements and their technical requirements.
* Validate the approach and solution design proposed by collaborating with customers and stakeholders to manage their expectations and resolve business issues in a timely manner.
* Facilitate internal communication and assembling a solution delivery team for new engagements.
* Consolidate project status and budget information across project portfolio.
* Track, manage and report on deliverable attainment and/or SLA (Service Level Agreement) performance.
* Lead, manage, and collaborate with TEKsystems internal employees and stakeholders located in near shore, offshore, or domestic delivery centers and the practices to ensure engagement success.
* Ensure project managers manage risk, project scope, and deliver according to the terms and conditions of our contracts.
* Ensure escalation procedures are documented and communicated to client, consultants, and managers.
* Implement knowledge management strategy and communicate process and procedures.
* Perform issue management and facilitate issue resolution with proper notification to all affected parties.
* Identify and coordinate the change control process.
* Establish an environment of continuous improvement and leverage the TEKsystems value framework to engage the customer in a way that brings additional value to the customer and secures renewals and extensions.
* Perform periodic customer, project, and solution 'health checks' with client project teams.
* Ensure customer reference-ability and support on-going relationships.
* Define and implement a Communication Plan that meets project and customer expectations.
* Develop and execute an Account Strategy in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
Service Design and Maintenance
* Collect and provide input into the design, development, implementation and improvement of service offerings and internal processes.
* Work with shared services groups to improve and implement changes to project delivery processes, methodology, and back office procedures.
* Understand and manage customer requirements (deliverables and environmental factors) to ensure contract compliance and customer satisfaction.
* Ensure engagement methodology is followed by team from opportunity assessment to project closeout.
* Financial and contractual responsibility for engagement profitability.
* Explore additional business opportunities and drive future business through quality results.
* Ensure Service Management Office Pproject Mmanagement methodology (PMLC) is followed on all client engagements.
* Mentor, manage and develop project team members.
* Conduct annual reviews and provide feedback throughout the year on employee performance where required.
* Ensure Human Resources policies and procedures are communicated and executed according to internal and consultant HR policies.
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
* Excellent oral and written communication skills (English language), analysis and problem solving skills as well as excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Demonstrated experience communicating and presenting at senior executive/director levels (IT Director, VP, CIO, etc.)
* Superior people and personnel management skills.
* Demonstrated advanced project data/ risk analysis and correlation/ mitigation skills.senior executive/director levels (IT Director, VP, CIO, etc.)
* Bachelor's degree in IS or CS or related.
* Professional IT Services background
* Thorough understanding of Project Management principles and certifications (PMP)
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email [email protected] .com for other accommodation options.