The Global Positioning System Advanced Control Segment (GPS OCX) Raytheon team is responsible for full life cycle engineering on state of the art environmental, commercial, & sensing systems for government & commercial applications.
GPS OCX is seeking a talented engineer to join our integration team. The candidate must have experience & knowledge of integration, test or software development. The candidate will utilize operational concepts, requirements, & other specifications to perform product &/or system-level assembly/integration in a delivered environment setting. The work will include development of a variety of assembly/integration artifacts, data sets, scripts, reports, & presentations.
The candidate will support a multi-disciplinary team & be required to interact with a wide range of program personnel, working both collaboratively with teammates & independently to achieve specific tasks. The candidate will attend technical interchange meetings & represent the organization in matters pertaining to the development of his/her project. The candidate will provide status on assigned tasks & document reviews & resolves technical systems engineering & integration issues.
The work will be performed primarily on military installations in the Colorado Springs and Los Angeles areas with a home base of Colorado Springs.
Key responsibilities for the qualified candidate include:
- Perform hardware and software integration
- Perform trouble shooting of hardware and software systems
- Have the ability to work as an effective team member including other disciplines (systems, networking, IS, configuration management, & test engineers) to troubleshoot & fix problems
- Enthusiastic and energetic performer able to work in a dynamic, fast paced, & sometimes pressured environment
- Team player incorporating a team based success philosophy
- Contribute to the completion of program & project milestones under the specific guidance of his/her immediate supervisor
- Working in a multi discipline environment
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environment/ tasking direction
- United States Citizen
- Minimum 6 years working experience (or directly related college degree) in integration test or development of C++ and/or Java systems
- Ability to obtain Secret level clearance
Work related experience including any of the following:
- Unix/Linux or Microsoft Windows OS based development
- Software & system-level debugging experience including the ability to identify problems in network layer, communication layer, database layer, application layer
- Oracle DBA and/or Oracle RMAN
- HP Openview
- Load Balancers
- Active Directory and/or LDAP
- C++, Java and/or Python
- Networking (LAN and WAN)
- Electronic security products (e.g. Layer 7, PKI, SSL, IPSec)
- Inter-process communication technologies (HTTP, SOAP, Corba)
- UML design modeling in modeling tools such as Rational Rose, RSA, or Rhapsody
- Satellite Ground Systems, Ground System Operations, or Satellite Operations
- Customer interaction and end-user engagement
- Integration, test or software development (components, subsystems, systems)
Required Education (including Major):
- BS in a Computer Science, Math, Science or Engineering related field. 14 years relevant experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.