Raytheon is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer II who will be part of the team that provides flexible agile development capability to accomplish IT development projects across the customer agency.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Implementing software life cycle to include requirement definition, software development, module integration and software verification.
- Designing and implementing high quality code that meets the stated business needs and that is produced using an agile development methodology.
- Ensuring compliance with agile processes and quality standards.
- Working with users and system engineers in an agile development approach to understand requirements, then eliciting feedback and refining the solution through demonstrations.
- Documenting software design according to the Government's system lifecycle methodology.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in agile development environment.
- Deep experience delivering, developing and testing software and systems using agile development processes.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Experience with leading open source technologies and frameworks including Java, Tibco, Oracle, Spring, JPA/Hibernate, ISII, Adobe, MongoDB, Drools, Jenkins, Git, Maven, etc.
- Performed development or test roles on multiple development projects.
- Comfortable working directly with the customer and integrating stakeholders as part of an agile development team.
- Ability to demonstrate high productivity, high quality work, collaboration and cooperation with other teams and participants.
- Ability to demonstrate technical skills and expertise as necessary, estimation and planning skills, and innovation and creativity in problem solving.
- U.S. Citizen with a valid and current DHS background investigation and a current 5C/6C level security clearance. (Note: Qualified applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information).
- Experience with the DHS SELC Framework.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or other equivalent fields.
At Raytheon Intelligence and Information Systems (IIS), we transform data into knowledge. IIS is a leading provider of intelligence and information solutions, specializing in ground processing, unmanned ground systems, cybersecurity operations, homeland security and other markets to resolve the most complex problems for our customers worldwide. IIS employs more than 8,300 people worldwide with major hubs in the Mid Atlantic Region, Aurora, CO, and national Headquarters in Garland, TX, IIS generated $3 billion in 2012 revenues.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.