Major Account Executive - Top Rep Earned $487k in 2012 (Outside Sales Account Manager)
Major Account Executive for a $3.1 Billion subsidiary of one of the 25 largest companies in the world. Our client is the world leader in their space, financially strong and poised for decades of growth in the U.S. Sales Talent is the exclusive recruiting firm for this organization and we have worked with them since Oct 2004.
This is a high-level, consultative sale calling on CEOs and CFOs of companies with revenues of at least $10M and up to and including the Fortune 500. Companies like Sony, Sanyo, Motorola and SAP use their service. In this role, you will be responsible for creating, maintaining and growing a base of accounts that renew annually (and you will be paid on an account for the life of that account). Although excellent prospecting skills are a must, 20% of your 1st appointments will be set for you by their internal telemarketing department.
In Europe and Asia there is 30-40% penetration for their service but U.S. penetration is only at 4%. Our client purchased the largest U.S. provider of this service in 1998 to enter the North American market (which is the last major, untapped market for their service).
- Growth goals to triple sales in North America over the next 10 years
- U.S. sales have increased from $87M in 1998 to $250M in 2012.
- Growing from 100 sales reps to 150 by 2018.
- New business sales were up 29% in 2012 over 2011.
- Strong promotion possibilities both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Exceptional 8 week training program.
- Highly flexible, results oriented environment. You are not micro-managed.
- Average annual sales force turnover of 14%, 2006 to present.
- Top rep earned $487.4k in 2012!
Compensation and Benefits:
- $75-80k base, no caps on commissions.
- 2012 - #1 rep made $487k, #2 made $449k.
- The average rep earned $162.6k in 2012.
- $1,000/mo for car, laptop and cell provided.
- Medical, dental (covers entire family) and life insurance.
- All business expenses covered (corporate Amex card).
- Tuition reimbursement
- 9% retirement contribution with no caps.
- 3-14 years of outside, b2b sales experience.
- Bachelor's degree
- Stable employment history - no job hoppers.
- Exceptional prospecting, presentation and conceptual selling skills.
- Experience calling on Major Accounts and C level executives a plus.
- Hunter mentality with the skillset to manage, maintain and grow a book of accounts.
- Top 20% sales performance.
Account Manager / Account Executive / Outside Sales / Major Account Executive / National Account Executive / Sales Representative / Business Development