- Research Farm Manager have a primary responsibility for the maintenance of plots, planting, cultivation and irrigation. This person must have a sound agronomic science background. Qualifications for this position include holding a current pesticide application license, significant training and experience in field plot techniques, GLP study conduct and crop husbandry.
Research Field Scientist
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to :
- Schedule and manage activities of subordinate employees.
- Ensure that subordinate employees are properly trained and that training is documented.
- Maintain equipment and facilities in accordance with applicable SOPs and ina clean, neat and organized mannar.
- Ensure that assigned duties are completed according to applicable SOPs.
- Interface with Research Field Scientist & Quality Assurance during the active phase of trials.
- Specific duties associated with the conduct of trials are detailed in SGS SOP 16.3 and 18.3. These duties are briefly summarized below:
-All agronomic aspects of plot preparation
-Plot design, layout and maintenance
-Equipment calibration/ Pesticide application
-Sample collection, storage and shipment
-Miscellaneous data collection
- Computer Skills — Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Organizing, Planning and Prioritizing Work — Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish your work.
- Getting Information — observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards — Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards...
- Processing Information — compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
- Documenting/Recording Information — entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES:
- Demonstrates strong commitment to SGS HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
- Responds appropriately to emergency situations and assists other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
- In accordance with the SGS HSE Management System requirements, disposes of, or directs the disposal of, waste generated as a part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
- Reports all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in accordance with the SGS Incident Reporting requirements.
- Uses all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner intended and reports any damaged / lost equipment to supervisor.
- Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
- Maintains awareness of hazards and proposes controls to supervisor, HSE Representatives or relevant client / site contact.
- Actively participates in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by SGS management.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At SGS, we provide independent services that touch the lives of millions of people across the globe. We provide you with industry leading inspection, verification, testing and certification services - anywhere in the world.
Our services enable you to operate in a more sustainable manner by improving quality and productivity, reducing risk, verifying compliance and increasing speed to market.
From the energy that powers our cars and homes, to the food on our plates and the clothes on our backs, we provide solutions that really make a difference. With a reputation for passion, integrity, entrepreneurship and innovation, we offer you an unequalled service that you can truly rely on to make your goals a reality.
When it comes to the products and services you produce or purchase, their quality, safety and compliance is vital. Whatever your industry, wherever your operations, we deliver essential information - when you need to be sure
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online: Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More
By applying to a job using headhunter.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the headhunter.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.