Baker Tilly Virchow Krause’s values of integrity, passion and stewardship define us as an organization and an employer. We recognize that our approach, strategy and culture are driven by our people. Their focus and commitment has resulted in Baker Tilly Virchow Krause being ranked as one of the top 20 largest public accounting and advisory firms in the United States and our offices consistently earning “best place to work” honors. Our people have been fundamental in getting us to where we are today and where we will go in the future. We are seeking a Tax Senior Manager
to join our Southfield office. It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
With a staff of more than 1600, Baker Tilly provides a wide range of accounting, tax, assurance and consulting services to premier companies and leading organizations in industries that drive our economy. As an independent member of Baker Tilly International, the world’s 8th largest network of accounting firms (with a combined worldwide revenue of $3 billion) we bring our clients and our people access to market-specific knowledge in more than 125 countries. Responsibilities:
- Lead client relationships on day to day tax matters supporting partners with service execution and development of extended services.
- Plan and participate in tax projects and compliance on various multinational client engagements.
- Manage engagements through a teaming structure, leveraging resources appropriately and developing a team that will enhance client experience.
- Consult on technical matters and special projects in various areas of corporate and flow through taxation, accounting methods, and implications to owners.
- Coordinate with specialty tax practice on complicated tax matters in the state and local, international and credits/incentives area.
- Manage and lead the staff through structured mentorship program and informal coaching. Evaluate performance and work efforts; participate in performance appraisals process. Including being a formal performance counselor for staff.
- Participate in new business development activities and specific initiatives for the firm and local office while maintaining primary and active relationships with key business contacts and referral sources.
- Participate in special projects.
- Coordination of on the job training with formalized firm training to individuals on the team and within the firm.
- Oversee administrative tasks including engagement letter and fee management, billing, and collections of clients.