NATURE OF POSITION:
The Branch Manager will lead and direct the day to day operations of the Branch. The Manager is responsible for building and maintaining the facility’s safety culture and performance, delivering and maintaining outstanding customer service, maintaining correct staffing levels and performance, and inventory management and control.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains a safety culture that places the safety of Airgas Associates, customers, and other constituents first and exceeds Airgas standards for accident and injury frequency rates
- Maintain ongoing compliance to SMS as verified through audit – 95% or better and completes one self-audit annually
- Maintain ongoing compliance to all Airgas SAFECOR bulletins which is verified through periodic self and regional audits
- Ensure that all production associates complete the Safety Training each month.
- Lead, supervise, manage, motivate and train staff
- Complete and turn in sales-related paperwork (shippers, invoices, cylinder audits, month-end reports, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate full knowledge of all order-entry, data research and other computer skills necessary to service customers and suppliers.
- Ensure customer inquiries related to billing problems, cylinder balances, order status, time of delivery, etc. are promptly and courteously handled, providing follow-up as necessary.
- Maintain and upgrade selling skills and technical/product knowledge.
- Assist customers with equipment set-up, and demonstrate, as necessary
- Coordinate sales promotion activities
- Prepare merchandise displays
- Ensure all accounting and internal control policies and procedures are followed
- Aid in all incident/accident/near miss investigations and insure timely completion of First Report of Injury and the SAFECOR reports
- Support Airgas goal of providing outstanding customer service through reducing AM missed deliveries as measured via the SPR system
- Maintain a 98% PPM on-time performance for the facility
- Achieve and maintain 85% ARO and 98% fulfillment to all branches that the facility re-supplies
- Maintain a 90% or higher on Inventory accuracy for the facility
- Respond to all CAT’s within 15 days and review CATS trends at the facility and implement a continuous improvement plan based upon each review.
- Support Airgas goal of margin and EBITDA growth through the following: Deliver production expenses on budget for the facility, Implement overtime management system that reduces the overall employee costs at the facility.
- Ensure stock transfers and backorders are promptly and accurately completed
- Develop and execute a performance management plan for all direct reports with regular review and coaching.
- Define training requirements for all direct reports and ensure all are completed.
- Interfaces with sales, customers, branches, customer service and other operating functional areas to provide timely and accurate communication regarding capabilities, order status, and various other operating requirements
- Reviews processes, procedures and equipment and implements continuous improvements in safety, quality and productivity
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Recommends or initiates personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharge, and disciplinary measures.
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and smell.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Ability to perform very heavy work—routinely lift 25 to 75 lb., and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lb. Also required to push and pull liquid containers weighing up to 1000 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion required.
- Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities including the tightening of ratchet binders.
- Must be able to safely drive a forklift.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
- Talk to and hear customers/co-workers as well as smell/hear leaking gas from cylinders.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 5+ years experience in welding industry and/or sales, preferably both
- Experience managing DOT, FDA and ISO systems
- Experience in gases and welding supply industry preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization, documentation and follow-up skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software suite
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to meet management requirements and customer expectations
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Ability to operate in a drug-free workplace
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED. Bachelors degree preferred
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is the largest U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases, and hardgoods, such as welding equipment and supplies. Airgas is also a leading U.S. producer of atmospheric gases, carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide, one of the largest U.S. distributors of safety products, and a leading U.S. distributor of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
Airgas Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors Peter McCausland founded the company in 1982. Through approximately 400 acquisitions and internal growth, Airgas has built the largest national distribution network in the packaged gas industry. More than 15,000 employees work in more than 1,100 locations includes branches, cylinder fill plants, production facilities, specialty gas laboratories, and regional distribution centers to serve a diversified customer base. Airgas markets through multiple channels, including its own branches and outside sales force, a Strategic Accounts Team focused on large customers, distributors and resellers, telesales, catalog and eBusiness channels.