Layne is a global water management, construction and drilling company, providing responsible solutions for water, mineral and energy resources.
Layne operates in more than 80 integrated offices worldwide, staffed with approximately 4,500 employees. Our philosophy of responsible growth guides us in consistently doing the right thing for our people, the environment, our company and the clients we serve every day. We strive to leave the individuals and places we touch better off for their interaction with us, and our culture is embodied in our unwavering commitment to the four core values that define us: Safety, Sustainability, Integrity and Excellence.
- Responsible for client interaction, including identifying the needs of the client, developing a solution individually or with the assistance of others, presenting this solution and associated cost estimate to potential customer.
- Responsible for interfacing with Project Managers and Operations to ensure that the project is delivered as promised to the client.
- Works with the Layne team to develop an approach to the project and tailor Layne products and services to meet those needs.
- Assembles costs, prepares bid package, recommend margins and enter opportunity into CRM.
- Enter all selling activity into CRM system for tracking and forecasting.
- Prepares the tailored solution to the customer, addresses concerns and sells the project.
- Responsible for the development and management of client relationships.
- Act as the principle contact for customers and work closely with field crews on providing our services
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Geology or a related discipline is required
- Strong technical writing skills
- Must be self-motivated to be truly successful
- Proven leadership/management skills
- Good mechanical/clerical aptitude
- Strong written, organizational, verbal and computer skills are required
- Must be very organized
- Experience in Groundwater, Water Wells or Drilling Industry preferred
How to Apply
As we have grown over the last 130 years, so has the diversity of our company and our offering. With each new stage of growth came new people, new processes and new thoughts that influenced our company and help make us who we are today - a unified team.
In defining a path forward for Layne, one word kept emerging over and over – solutions. We invent solutions. We propose solutions. We deliver solutions. For a company known previously as a “service provider” this is an important distinction.
Our expertise has brought us to a point where we are valued for our unique ability to collaborate across divisional, functional and geographic lines to provide our clients an integrated approach, ensuring streamlined communications, expedited timelines, a constant focus on safety and sustainability. Our solutions give clients a single point of accountability for even the most complex projects, and enable us to deliver high levels of both quality and economic efficiency. While our services are impeccable, it is our solutions that make us truly remarkable.