Manager Cost Accounting Job
Facility: Manitowoc Cranes, LLC
Manager Cost Accounting
Job ID 7159
Job Number 014561
Location US - Manitowoc, WI
Facility Manitowoc Cranes, LLC
Employment Type Regular/Full-Time
Education Required Bachelors Degree
Languages Required English only
Experience Required Minimum 5 years
Relocation Provided Yes
General Job Objective
The Cost Accounting Manager with Manitowoc Cranes* will establish and maintain components of MCG Cost Accounting System: overhead pools and rates, cost categorization – Material, Labor, Overhead, Surcharges, Departments and Work Centers. You will also establish and manage the annual Standard setting process and related analysis of material, labor and overhead costs.
Reporting directly to the Controller, this position is based in Manitowoc, WI, on the shores of Lake Michigan.
If you’re up to the challenge, the reward is satisfaction . . . and knowing you helped build something real. Join our passionate team and help build something you can be proud of – a future filled with passion, pride and satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain system for recording and controlling financial transactions associated with material receipt and movement, labor, revenue, cost of sales and transfers between financial companies.
- Establish projects to collect cost of New Product Development, internal cost redistribution, Warranty analysis and other activities as required. Conduct necessary EVA analysis for make vs. buy to include support for Six Sigma cost analysis initiatives.
- Develop financial models and simulations to assist management in the evaluation of alternatives and the quantification of business opportunities.
- Develop and deliver training on financial concepts and techniques as requested
- Decision Support Focus – be a valuable participant on cross functional work teams by bringing a financial perspective to the decision making process.
- Participation on IPD and Focused Factory teams required them to interact with most functional areas within the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 5 years cost accounting experience from a manufacturing background required
- Prior experience in ERP system required – SAP preferred
- Minimum of 2 years Supervisory or Lead responsibilities required
- Advanced Excel skills and Access knowledge required
- Advanced analytical skills and proven problem solving ability
- Must be able to interact with all business partners including engineering, quality, purchasing, operations
- Must be able to effectively represent Cost Accounting function in cross functional team setting as demonstrated by successful participation on Integrated Product Development (IPD) or other significant team projects.
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Project management skills a plus
*Manitowoc Cranes, a division of The Manitowoc Company, Inc., is recognized globally as one of the premier innovators and manufacturers of crawler cranes, tower cranes, and mobile cranes for the heavy construction industry. Leading brands include Grove, Manitowoc, National Crane, and Potain.
The Manitowoc Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Females, Disabled, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
All applicants have rights under the Federal Employment Laws:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
If you are a person with a disability and need assistance in the employment process, please call 920.684.4410 or email email@example.com