The main purpose of this role is to drive the development of the SAS Services business in North America (NA), including international projects for NA customers within the SGS network. The objective is to ensure that Consumer Testing Services NA meets aggressive growth targets in line with Global SAS strategy and achieve high level of customer satisfaction and technical excellence.
Consumer Testing Services
- Understand the client’s present and future needs and develop the SAS services accordingly;
- Manage the SAS team in NA through clear Financial targets and achievements
- Develop the specific tools required for SAS services and guarantee the level of service (training, communication,).
- Define the pricing strategy with Global SAS Director
- Develop the customers’ portfolio and be accountable for the profit/loss (P/L) of the business.
- Support SBU sales and marketing activities. This may be through direct involvement in the sales process or through provision of technical or commercial support to local staff.
- Guarantee the best-in-class quality for local execution
- Be the key contact and work closely with the Global SAS team to ensure a consistent approach is adopted throughout the SGS network.
- Work closely with the Strategic Accounts Platform (SAP) and supervise the missions for key accounts.
- Liaise with American external bodies to ensure that SGS is properly represented in discussions linked to SAS topics and achieve opportunities to develop and present its view within the industry; may represent SGS at external conferences
- Support intervention in problem affiliates to resolve issues linked to SAS services performance and participate in other crisis interventions if required
- Act as a major member of the global SAS team, working to develop the business on a worldwide basis
Senior business and technical manager with 8-10 years of experience developing and managing social compliance auditing and related services with extensive client interface.
University graduate or equivalent educational background
Knowledge of global supply chain structure for consumer products and how companies deploy
Expertise recognized in the field of SAS in NA
Well organized, efficient with proven follow through skills
Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
Strong written and spoken English skills, other languages will be an advantage
Ability to handle multiple competing priorities across departments and operating units through effective resource management
Ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff within a matrix system
Proficient in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook
We provide a competitive compensation package and a wide range of benefits; including Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement programs, and Company Paid Life Insurance.
SGS is much more than just a place to work. It's a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and grow.
- The requirements listed above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position.
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign, change or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At SGS, we provide independent services that touch the lives of millions of people across the globe. We provide you with industry leading inspection, verification, testing and certification services - anywhere in the world.
Our services enable you to operate in a more sustainable manner by improving quality and productivity, reducing risk, verifying compliance and increasing speed to market.
From the energy that powers our cars and homes, to the food on our plates and the clothes on our backs, we provide solutions that really make a difference. With a reputation for passion, integrity, entrepreneurship and innovation, we offer you an unequalled service that you can truly rely on to make your goals a reality.
When it comes to the products and services you produce or purchase, their quality, safety and compliance is vital. Whatever your industry, wherever your operations, we deliver essential information - when you need to be sure
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online: Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More
By applying to a job using headhunter.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the headhunter.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.