We have a great opportunity for an experienced Tax Manager to join our successful Minneapolis, MN office! As a Tax Manager, you will use your expertise in taxation to provide compliance and consulting services to corporations and partnerships. Candidates must be familiar with the tax consulting process and posses the analytical skills necessary for the effective diagnosis, development and implementation of solutions to clients' tax needs. With McGladrey, you'll have the opportunity to develop and pursue creative approaches to resolve client issues.
In your important role as Tax Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Advise clients on a full spectrum of corporate tax services, including planning, research, compliance, and general mergers and acquisitions activities
- Assist with new business development, extended service and tax issue recognition for existing clients
- Develop, motivate, and train staff level team members
- Manage corporate client needs with respect to tax services and federal and state tax compliance
- Review the calculation of ASC 740 tax provisions
- Develop and sustain strong client relationships
- Keep up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
- Provide industry knowledge and experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Masters in Tax or other business related field
- CPA certification
- 5 or more years of experience working as a Tax Manager in public accounting
- Five years of experience in corporate and partnership tax
- Experience working for a Big 4 or large national accounting firm
- Experience with Construction, Manufacturing, Wholesale and Distribution or Financial Services
- Proficient in corporate taxation and consolidated tax returns.
- Proficient in Partnership Taxation
- Working knowledge of State income/franchise tax for multi-state filers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information
- Proficient in ASC 740 calculations
- Working knowledge of FIN 48
You’re one of a kind. So is McGladrey. Imagine what we will achieve together.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. McGladrey is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience McGladrey. Experience the power of being understood. ™
McGladrey is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
For your privacy and protection
, when applying to a job online:
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using HeadHunter.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the HeadHunter.com Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.