Susquehanna Bancshares, Inc. has an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Director – Credit Review. This position leads Susquehanna Bancshares, Inc. in its goal to enhance the value of traditional banking by assisting the Director of Credit Review in the coordination of an independent assessment of the asset quality related to all Susquehanna Bancshares, Inc. (SBI) affiliate institutions. Credit Review evaluations, observations and recommendations of company assets are primarily to consider the quality of loan portfolios, however, a broad scope is granted.
The Assistant Director - Credit Review reports directly to the SBI Director of Credit Review and will employ a collaborative and team approach in producing desired corporate results while effectively training and developing others. This position receives minimal supervision and assists in supervising the work of Credit Review Officers.
Primary Job Functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Assists Director of Credit Review with all aspects of that position’s responsibilities which includes, but is not limited to, meeting the Mission and Goals of the Holding Company and SBI Credit Review.
• Supports the Director of SBI Credit Review in scheduling, monitoring and supervising Credit Reviews of all SBI business units.
• Aids in the evaluation, monitoring, reporting and maintenance of trend analysis and reserve adequacy of all SBI assets, including the loan portfolio, Other Real Estate Owned, and leases.
• Demonstrates leadership and resourcefulness in all interactions with employees, colleagues and internal and external customers.
• Acknowledges and motivates employees for excellent performance in order to foster a commitment in achieving departmental goals and to reinforce the company’s philosophy and strategic plan to be a leader in the financial services industry.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in a Business-related discipline, with strong background and knowledge of accounting principals, regulation and credit review.
• Minimum of 10 years credit, lending, credit review, regulation or related equivalent experience related to all segments of lending, i.e. Commercial Industrial (C&I), Land Development and Acquisition (LAD), and Consumer Lending.
• The ability to assist in the implementation and maintenance of departmental policies and procedures.
• Experience managing departmental personnel.
• Strong mathematical calculation and analytical skills.
• Extensive background in problem solving and related solution skills.
• Understanding of bank policies, regulation and terminology.
• Advanced computer skills including the Microsoft Windows operating system and MS Office Suite.
• The willingness and ability to travel locally and overnight, throughout Susquehanna’s footprint.
At Susquehanna, we provide a professional, team oriented environment that encourages both personal and professional growth. We're looking for people who are knowledgeable, sincere, solutions-oriented and supportive. If these traits describe you, then we want you to join the Susquehanna team!
We offer company training, competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an opportunity for growth. Susquehanna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to building a diverse workforce.
Susquehanna is a regional financial services holding company with assets of approximately $17.5 billion. It includes a commercial bank that provides financial services at more than 250 office locations in the Mid-Atlantic region. Through Susquehanna Wealth Management, the company offers investment, fiduciary, brokerage, insurance, retirement planning and private banking services. Susquehanna also operates an insurance and employee benefits company, a commercial finance company, and a vehicle leasing company. Our extensive portfolio of financial products and services is managed locally to provide maximum value to our customers and communities.
A company as diverse and growth-oriented as Susquehanna Bancshares requires a diverse and growth-oriented workforce. Our mission is to help customers achieve their financial goals, to deliver a superior return for shareholders, and to build the economic strength of our communities.
To achieve our Mission, we strive to build enduring relationships with customers, coworkers, shareholders and neighbors by delivering exceptional personal service every day, in every way. We're looking for people who are willing to change and grow with the company, by learning about and responding to people's individual needs, communicating openly and with integrity, working in an honest and ethical manner, and respecting and appreciating those around us.
For your privacy and protection
, when applying to a job online:
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using HeadHunter.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the HeadHunter.com Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.