Imagine a working environment where people trust each other to achieve exceptional things.
Imagine a business that employs ten thousand of the world’s most sought-after engineers and technologists.
Imagine an enterprise where a belief in personal accountability continues to drive groundbreaking innovation and global growth.
This is the reality of Moog – and you can be a part of it.
Moog Aircraft Group is seeking a Program Manager to take on multiple production programs. This will involve coordinating and managing all activities and contractual obligations on assigned programs and/or group of programs. You will serve as the primary communication link between the customer and Moog, advising both parties of current status and potential problem areas on a regular basis, along with developing plans for taking corrective actions as required.
Here’s what you’ll be working on day to day:
• Developing program plans and schedules to ensure proper coordination between all program elements.
• Monitoring the status of cost, schedule and task completion to ensure compliance with program plans.
• Coordinating with functional management to ensure the assignment of adequate program resources.
• Conducting effective day to day communications with the customer and resolving outstanding issues.
• Coordinating and manage all program activities to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
• Planning, coordinating and managing the preparation of presentation materials for internal and customer meetings and reviews.
• Managing the conduct of such meetings and reviews.
• Preparing regular status reports, to all stakeholders, which provide visibility for program issues and risks.
• Assisting in the preparation of proposals and change orders, and support fact-¬finding and negotiations to ensure completeness from a program management viewpoint.
• Assisting the Marketing organization in planning and developing new programs and follow on orders for existing programs.
Here’s the skills we need you to bring with you:
Proven relationship builder - Even though you may be presenting unpopular/unfavorable decisions, you view this as an opportunity to maintain and improve business relations, with both customers and colleagues.
Outstanding negotiator/communicator – While we may have already “won” the business, we will continually run into situations where your negotiation and communication skills will be in high demand.
Facilitator extraordinaire – you will “manage” approximately 15-20 engineers and staff without having direct hiring/firing authority. You must be able to motivate your team to perform to the best of their abilities at all times.
Engineering expertise – you will be required to interpret and make daily decisions on highly technical drawings and documents. You must be well-versed on all aspects of engineering. We would expect you to have a minimum of 2 years experience as a Product or Project Engineer prior to taking on this role.
Financial acumen – one of the major responsibilities of the Program Manager is not only to deliver the project on time, but within budget. Understanding financial statements and the impacts that various actions will have on the bottom line is crucial to your success.
Personable, Professional, and Confident – Moog is a company built on a foundation of mutual trust and respect. We hire smart people and expect them to find the best ways to accomplish the goals we give them. We work in teams, and everyone’s input is valued.
Computer Wizardry: MS Project, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and E-Mail tool will be used extensively in carrying our day to day activities.
**Due to our military and government contractors, we require either US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident Status only.