Vaco Financial specializes in the permanent placement of accounting and finance professionals of all levels and industries. We have a team of experienced accounting professionals that make it their responsibility to educate you on the market, present you with job opportunities to explore, and ensure that the right decision is made regarding your future career. We pride ourselves in providing you with a professional and confidential search. Please visit our website at www.vaco.com to see a sample of the positions we are currently recruiting for.
We are currently recruiting for an Accounting Manager for a large, reputable company that is a tpop employer in the Richmond, VA area.
Salary: $75k-$85k plus target bonus
- Manage a small team of accountants in completing the monthly, quarterly and yearly close processes
- Lead technical accounting research of complex transactions, including compliance with GAAP
- Prepare financial statements, internal management reports, reconciliations, and process transactions
- Prepare financial analyses used to communicate to the appropriate division and/or management, areas of concern, opportunity or issues.
- Work closely with Controller on preparation of budgets, forecasts and long range planning
- Perform detailed budget to actual variance analysis and identify key performance drivers
- Review and/or reconciles general ledger accounts on a monthly basis and work to validate those accounting areas which are more subjective
- Play a lead role in system updgrades/conversions and process improvements
- BS in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in corporate accounting and/or public accounting. Big 4 experience preferred
- Solid technical accounting and research skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to support and develop a team
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to interact effectively with a wide range of internal and external contacts
- Advanced MS Excel skills and experience with MS Access
Our client offers a comprehensive benefit package including 401k, medical and dental insurance and PTO.
Please email your resume in MS Word for review and consideration.